Question about scope of ADI DNS replication

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Wingnut, Nov 3, 2006.

  1. Wingnut

    JaR Guest

    In the US it is pretty much ignored, if not encouraged. Here's some light
    reading:

    http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/05/10/dobbs.enforcement/index.html

    Nice, huh?

    Plus, whatever extra they MIGHT get charged is gonna be way overbalanced
    by the performance on the next quarter's reports. Corporations and those
    that lead them are motivated quarter to quarter. I've heard it estimated
    that up to one-third of construction workers in this country right now are
    illegals. Companies that don't hire them can't be competitive. The meat
    packing industry here has been gutted from a highly-paid unionised
    industry to a depressed entry-level job. Walk into any meat packing plant
    in the US and the only language you will be likely to hear is Spanish.

    I can remember picking fruits and veggies in the summer for school money.
    (Yeah, I'm that old) It was a great way to make some fast bucks. Now, a
    kid can't earn enough to make it worthwhile, and without migrant pickers,
    the farmers don't get their crops off.

    JaR, Nov 9, 2006

  2. Wingnut

    Phil Guest

    Fox News are on the case too, but it will only have value when the
    public understand the implications and I doubt that will happen until
    after a few more 9/11s because they have such short memories. Right
    after it happened, they all wanted blood, a couple of years later and
    they're bored with it... People, huh!
    So fruit & veg/houses/meat are dirt cheap in USA then ;-) I imagine not.
    With the current security issues, knowing your employees ought to be
    real important, look at the E.coli breakout, hmmm, California, and it
    was wild pigs blamed. Some years back in the UK we had activists putting
    virus/poison etc into yogurt/other inside the supermarkets using
    hyperdermic needles. One reason why we had to have lids enclosed in a
    second outer wrap stating to check to see if the seal had been broken.
    It seems security inside USA is impossible under those conditions, very
    short-sighted...

    Phil, Nov 10, 2006

  3. Wingnut

    BD[MCNGP] Guest

    Oh yeah...ok, then I say fsuk it. Bring the troops home now so that we don't
    have to listen to those whiny, moaning, wimmen, b!tch about how their sons
    are too important to fight for the rights that they've got and the for the
    country that they claim they love so much.
    Allies? Are they like 'friends'? Friends suck! Ya always lose them, and
    they're never around when ya REALLY need 'em. Acquaintances, that's what
    this country needs...people that they can wave to as they're passing by.
    Hmmm...wonder why that is. Maybe because we're constantly trying to shove
    *our* way of life down every other country's throat. I say fsuk 'em. Let 'em
    blow each other up, we'll go in afterward and siphon the oil out AFTER there
    is nobody there to prevent us from getting it.

    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..

    Before anyone get's all p!ssy....I'm kidding....chill out.

    BD[MCNGP], Nov 10, 2006
  4. Wingnut

    BD[MCNGP] Guest

    I **STILL** remember pictures of 9/11. Those memories are still fresh in my
    head. I remember the people all covered in ash and rubble and whatever else
    covered those streets...crying and holding signs that said "WE WILL NEVER
    FORGET"...and "BUSH, We want War! NOW!!!"

    WTF? Where are they now? You're right...people have VERY short memories. I
    hate to say this, but the only thing that WILL wake these people up IS
    another '9/11'.

    BD[MCNGP], Nov 10, 2006
  5. Wingnut

    Phil Guest

    Well, as a Brit, it pains me that the UK has so many home-grown
    terrorists but then, the immigration policy left the doors wide open,
    and we're an island! You guys are easy open top n bottom. If a Brit
    wants to live in the USA, he has to arrive on one of the 'letter' visas
    or as a business investor which used to be $500,000 in a high
    unemployment area, $1m in an area of low unemployment, OR walk in for
    free ;-) Maybe we've got a legal case against the INS? Some sort of
    equal rights violation, hmmm...

    Phil, Nov 10, 2006
  6. Wingnut

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Now we're stuck with the left wing freak show.

    lol, funny and true, how sad is that.....
    don't we all, even from three thousand miles away...

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Nov 10, 2006
  7. Wingnut

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Hey, its the same in UK, they split employers into 2 groups, large and
    still, just think all of all those eastern europeans *you* have to
    give jobs to know, and just wait until the turks arrive! Seriously the
    uk is fcuked. I can't understand why you people want in with the rest
    of europe, crazy, the eu's a joke and so are all the countries that
    are in it.
    indeed

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Nov 10, 2006
  8. Wingnut

    Kline Sphere Guest

    and the Iraqis are all screaming that
    exactly, iraq's a sh*thole full of warring factions jousting for power
    to see who becomes the next Sadman Insane. Iraq should be given back
    to the british as punishment for being too close to france.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Nov 10, 2006
  9. Wingnut

    Kline Sphere Guest

    What the IRS in UK do with cash payments/expenses [those without paper
    unless your a criminal gang participating the carousel scam.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Nov 10, 2006
  10. Wingnut

    JaR Guest

    NOW yer talkin'.

    'Course, then, our guys miss out on all that dandy target practice.

    JaR, Nov 10, 2006
  11. Wingnut

    BD[MCNGP] Guest

    Yeah...It's like "C'mon people!!! We can't deprive our soldiers of quality
    Target Practice."

    BD[MCNGP], Nov 10, 2006
  12. Wingnut

    Terence Rabe Guest

    In poll of white people I'd expect those results... even whites who're not
    racist will have to admit that they're worse off under the new govt. A lot
    of white south africans I meet in the UK are unashamedly racist though...

    I think you'd be hard pressed to find a black south african who wants to go
    back to being ruled by the apartheid regime.

    Terence Rabe, Nov 10, 2006
  13. Wingnut

    Neil Guest

    huh? Iraq <> Afgahnistan. I am SOOOOO on board with nailing
    OBL's/Taliban's hide to a wall and will never condone any form of
    terrorism. But I am still not convinced that Iraq is a "just" war and it
    has taken America's focus off of the war in Afgahnistan.

    "But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath
    a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and
    arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join
    together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at
    such a place;' some swearing, some crying for a
    surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind
    them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their
    children rawly left. I am afeard there are few die
    well that die in a battle; for how can they
    charitably dispose of any thing, when blood is their
    argument? Now, if these men do not die well, it
    will be a black matter for the king that led them to
    it; whom to disobey were against all proportion of
    subjection."

    -Henry V Act IV sc I

    Tomorrow is rememberance day up here. I'll remember and pray that the
    cause be just. My 2¢

    Neil, Nov 10, 2006
  14. Wingnut

    CBIC Guest

    Tomorrow is Veteran's day in the US. I, along with my Patriot Guard brethren
    will be spending the day in a local Veteran's home. If you ever want to meet
    some great people with awesome stories, visit a Veteran's home. I make it a
    monthly thing. The Vets really appreciate it.

    CBIC, Nov 10, 2006
  15. Wingnut

    kpg Guest

    As Neil once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    That may or may not be true...but hindsight is 20/20.

    This type of statement (and I've heard it plenty) implies
    that Bush personally went to war. I recall the vast
    majority of congress and the UN condoning that very action.

    Now, for political purposes everyone forgets that others
    had anything to do with it.

    Don't get me wrong, as the President, Bush is ultimately
    responsible for the course of the nation - deserved or not,
    it goes with the territory. But whenever I here it's not
    a just war I get the feeling that only Bush is getting
    responsibility - whereas I know this was a group decision,
    and one the American public was behind - we were pretty
    P-Oed back then.

    I say once you commit - right or wrong - oh well, it's too
    late now. If we leave before the Iraq police and military
    can maintain order the whole world is screwed.

    What would be good is for everyone to understand this, make
    the best out of a bad situation, and get behind the effort.

    And I don't just mean the Democrats, I mean the whole world.

    If the world would stop tolerating terrorism, if the American
    and world media would stop broadcasting every little incident,
    and every nation said enough is enough - if terrorist were
    hunted down and imprisoned or killed no matter where they
    tried to hide, terrorism would die a quick death.

    But then, as you know, I'm an optimist.

    Political opportunism outweighs common sense every time.

    I'm getting more and more pessimistic.

    kpg

    kpg, Nov 10, 2006
  16. Wingnut

    JaR Guest

    What'd I miss?

    JaR, Nov 10, 2006
  17. Wingnut

    Kline Sphere Guest

    it's a free word, well until Thursday
    not a lot

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Nov 10, 2006
  18. Wingnut

    Neil Guest

    I know for a fact that while Canada is/was in full support of action in
    Afganistan, there was not teh same unaimous agreement on Iraq. The
    Conservatives (our current overloards) were VERY vocal over the Liberals
    (our previous overlords) choice to keep Canada OUT of Iraq (the liberals
    were the government in power at the time of the initial action in Iraq).
    When the Conservatives gain power this year, I found it telling that we did
    not immediately pack our troops off to Iraq. We have our guys dieing in
    Kaboul and Khandahar, yours are dieing in Tiqruit and Bahgdad.

    I am not indicating that this is "the shrub" families little vendetta, but
    I'm all for one thing at a time. I don't think that Iraq was an immediate
    threat and that if they did have stock-piles of WMD they are hidden REALLY
    well. I do think that Afganistan should have been resolved before we move
    on to solve "the worlds" problems in Iraq. What about the others in the
    "Axis of Evil"? Surely you would think that North Korea is a more pressing
    danger than Iraq ever was. What about Iran? A previously crippled
    government in Iraq that was dealing with on-going sanctions could have been
    postponed for a year or two to clean house in Taliban Square. If
    redeployment thinking was being fleshed out today, I could see the
    US/UN/our "team" going after one of those other 2, assuming they were able
    to finish off the Afgahn thing...
    Nope, going in was more of a US initiative. If there were WMD's left right
    and center, OK! But the UN did NOT find them. Do I have a problem with a
    despot being ousted? Nope. Was it the right time to do it? No, IMHO. World
    community backing it vs US populace backing are 2 very different things,
    however. Still, I am sure there were some in the US that disagreed with the
    decisions even then, or have we forgotten the Dixie Chicks.
    I'm not going to agree or disagree. I think that if we leave them to kill
    each other for a while, it might not be the worst thing ever. This is like
    dealing with inter-gang violence sometimes. But if we really want to
    resolve teh issue quick, sned a nuke or 2. That should create a sufficient
    amount of morale outrage.
    sorry, but your not the boss of me. I want the freedom to make up my own
    mind. If you don't like what I say, tough. "I detest what you say, but I
    will defend your right to say it" should be espoused by the originators.
    You should also talk softly and carry a big stick. You need to smack
    someone, go ahead, but don't say that I need to back you up even if I
    disagree with you. You'll need to knock me unconcious first.
    Preaching to the chior, but I understand. The problem is that we might just
    have to tollerate someone elses intollerance to prove we are correct in our
    belief of tollerance.
    come to the dark side, we have cookies...

    Neil, Nov 10, 2006
  19. Wingnut

    kpg Guest

    As Neil once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    prudent, it seems
    as it turns out...that's correct
    Well, everyone saw the same intelligence, and the time to act is before
    they are used - and saddem really, really hated the US... It's like a
    coach calling a trick play on 4th and long... if it works he's a genius,
    if not, he's an idiot.
    I'm not so sure...I know for a FACT sadam would give aid and weapons
    to nearby terrorists...A nuclear N. Korea? Not good but do you think
    So you're not against attacking...just who and when? Iran was/is
    strong, N. Korea was/is strong (protected by China) Iraq was weak.
    That's just good military sense...attack the weakest, especially if
    they are a perceived threat, ie, the most unstable and desperate.
    after the fact they did not find them...hindsight, (unless you subscribe
    to the "Bush lied" theory).
    turns out you were right....
    Them killing each other not the worst thing...the US showing weakness
    could be a very bad thing for the US.
    um...does Canadia have nukes? I still think we could take you.
    Well, then...we all agree.

    kpg, Nov 10, 2006
  20. Wingnut

    JaR Guest

    To rip off a sentiment from elsewhere that I can't be bothered to look up
    and attribute properly:

    Declaring war on terrorism makes about as much sense as if we had declared
    war on airplanes because they bombed Pearl Harbor in 1941.

    Think about it.

    JaR, Nov 10, 2006