  1. Wingnut

    FrisbeeĀ® Guest

    ROFLCOPTERS!

    FrisbeeĀ®, Nov 4, 2006

  2. Wingnut

    Phil Guest

    My perspective, back in the days of the British Empire it was still OK
    to visit other countries and take them over, the merits of which can be
    discussed but simply put, occurred many generations ago. After WWII the
    UK was short of men and resources/products etc so people were brought in
    from colonies, e.g. ship loads from Jamaica. Huge numbers from India,
    Pakistan etc were allowed in as 'British' citizens. It used to be the
    case that immigration was for people wanting to better themselves in a
    place that they regarded as providing more opportunities, the country
    benefited from the immigrant's input. These are generally people who
    would assimilate/integrate into their new society. During the last 35yrs
    especially, the expansion into rights of the individual has meant
    freedom of not only speech etc but also freedom to disintegrate since
    immigrant's cultures and religions were granted rights to exist. The UK
    now has a huge number of sub-cultures, all the immigrant populations
    living just as they did at 'home' and there are police 'no go' areas.
    Even the welfare system publishes it's documents in several languages
    and dialects on how to claim benefits.
    http://www.dwp.gov.uk/otherlanguages/
    Since the Soviet Union collapsed, Central and Eastern Europeans have
    eyed the UK and with the EU expanding to include those countries, there
    has been a tremendous influx, not to live/work/contribute to British
    society, no just to take advantage of the welfare state and carry on as
    they did before. Having been expat for 8+yrs, it was only outside UK
    that I discovered how much envy and hatred there is for UK & USA because
    of their welfare systems. This has created the belief that UK & USA are
    so rich that they can simply hand out money to people, and they want
    some, worse, they believe that they have the right.
    Crime has soared, guns were banned nationally several years ago after a
    school shooting [Dunblane], and the law protects the rights of criminals
    better than victims and 'Joe Public'. Unfair taxes e.g. a special
    personal services legislation targeting IT Consultants [relatively high
    earners] caused a flood of programmers etc to move to Europe/Far East
    etc. The UK Government response was to create a fast-track immigration
    visa/work permit so many foreign [especially Indian] IT people migrated.
    There are thousands of highly intelligent/skilled and experienced Brits
    living outside the UK. As Mexico is for the USA, France/EU is for the
    UK. Thousands of illegal immigrants trail thru' Europe just to get
    across the Channel, and now with a tunnel link...

    Phil, Nov 5, 2006

  3. Wingnut

    Kline Sphere Guest

    You caught me... never been. I've fallen subject to the stereotyping of
    you mean savior of the free word, right.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Nov 6, 2006
  4. Wingnut

    Kline Sphere Guest

    When last (if ever) were you in the UK? Indian and Chinese are the most
    It was foggy where I am today.

    when I lived in the 'thames valley', just about every day during the
    fall was foggy, heck I used to wake up and think I was in San
    francisco!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Nov 6, 2006
  5. Wingnut

    Kline Sphere Guest

    SA ain't what it used to be either... We now have democracy, freedom,
    well what do you expect from a country where you now have
    discrimination against the 'white' folk. I mean what sort of country
    enforces a stupid law whereby a company 'must' ensure at least eighty
    percent of it's employees are be black? People should be employed on
    their ability to do the job, not on the color of their skin.

    it won't be long before south africa goes the way of zimbabwe. Just
    look what a great job brother mugabe has done for both black and white
    folk over there...

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Nov 6, 2006
  6. Wingnut

    Jtyc Guest

    From what I understand, South Africa "not being the country it once was"
    I believe South Africa is going down the toilet and I seem to recall a poll
    they did there in which they asked if they like the new goverment better or
    the old goverment. A large majority preferred the old system.

    Jtyc, Nov 6, 2006
  7. Wingnut

    kpg Guest

    As Phil once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    <snip>

    Indeed, the UK, Europe and the Western World in general
    are going to heck in a hand basket. I see tensions in the
    world that are reminiscent of the 1930's.

    There is change coming...it will take a while, just as it
    did back then, living it and reading about it in the
    History books is quite different, but things will get worse
    before they get better.

    WWIII? We are on the cusp and nothing in heaven or earth
    can stop it. I may or may not see it, but I'm sure my children
    will. They get to the be the next "Greatest generation".

    I don't wish it upon them, but sh17 happens, and it's going
    to be bad.

    But hey, I'm an optimist.

    kpg

    kpg, Nov 6, 2006
  8. Wingnut

    JaR Guest

    What's left of them, if any.
    And it's snowballing.
    Stock up on ammo.

    JaR, Nov 6, 2006
  9. Wingnut

    kpg Guest

    As JaR once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    I was thinking about that the other day...

    When I was a kid, everyone wanted a bomb shelter,
    stocked with food and water for a month (at least).

    Good idea. What if a metor hits? What is NYC or
    LA go up in huge mushroom cloud? What is a giant
    killer hurricane wipes out the gulf coast becuase
    Bush and Halibruton are generating too much CO2?

    Anybody know whre I can buy a .50?

    kpg, Nov 6, 2006
  10. Wingnut

    Kline Sphere Guest

    From what I understand, South Africa "not being the country it once was"
    I've meet a number of south africans over here in the uk, all say
    pretty much the same thing, citing crime, drugs and corruption as the
    reason why they left. If it weren't for their accent, I'd believe they
    were from downtown LA.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Nov 6, 2006
  11. Wingnut

    BD[MCNGP] Guest

    Note to self: No alcohol before noon.

    BD[MCNGP], Nov 6, 2006
  12. Wingnut

    JaR Guest

    What? And miss my pre-lunch buzz?

    JaR, Nov 6, 2006
  13. Wingnut

    BD[MCNGP] Guest

    As long as you don't lose your post-breakfast buzz, then it's all good.

    BD[MCNGP], Nov 6, 2006
  14. Wingnut

    kpg Guest

    As BD[MCNGP] once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    Thanks BD.

    Note to self: Don't forget to stock booze in shelter.

    kp "It'll be worth more than money" g

    kpg, Nov 6, 2006
  15. Wingnut

    BD[MCNGP] Guest

    Hey, no problem...I aim for peas.

    BD[MCNGP], Nov 6, 2006
  16. Wingnut

    Terence Rabe Guest

    --
    Terence Rabe
    ---

    I'm not saying I agree with the law, I just see the logic behind it.

    Terence Rabe, Nov 8, 2006
  17. Wingnut

    kpg Guest

    hmmmm...yeah, I guess all that private business nonsense is just that.

    Now that the Dems are in charge here maybe we can get a good case
    of social engineering going too....

    yeah...that would be great.

    kp "disenfranchised" g

    kpg, Nov 8, 2006
  18. Wingnut

    Kline Sphere Guest

    I mean what sort of country
    The logic is totally stupid, because, as an employee, I cannot employ
    the best people I would want. So, it stands to reason that a company's
    ability to compete is restricted. Which is why companies are less
    likely to setup is sa.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Nov 8, 2006
  19. Wingnut

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Now that the Dems are in charge here maybe we can get a good case
    Yup that's right, let's have more of a society where we reward stupid
    and lazy people as much as hard working folk. That way we can drag
    everyone down to the lowest common denominator, i.e. down to the level
    of lowdes.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Nov 8, 2006
  20. Wingnut

    kpg Guest

    As Kline Sphere once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    Do you dry-clean your hood or does the wife just hand-wash it?

    kpg, Nov 8, 2006