    all domain controllers in the forest root domain?

    Thanks for the clarification

    Regards

    Wingnut, Nov 3, 2006

  2. Wingnut

    Guest Guest

    Hi Wingnut,

    What is the context of your question? Where does it say "DNS replication of
    the forest root domain must be limited to forest domain controllers only"?

    To try answer your question anyway, if you choose the option that says "All
    DNS servers in the Active Directory forest", then the ADI-zone data will go
    to all DC's in the forest which have the DNS service installed on them.

    This is an advisable option for the Forest Root domain DNS zones, because
    the Forest Root domain hosts the default Global Catalogue, and therefore the
    GC DNS records will be inthe Forest Root DNS zone. You want this zone to be
    present on all the DNS servers in your network... it makes it quicker for all
    clients to get the GC IP address.

    See Technet (http://tinyurl.com/ycrxau) for more.

    Hope that helps.
    Terence Rabe
    N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA, MCSE, MCT

    Guest, Nov 3, 2006

  3. Wingnut

    Frisbee® Guest

    ^^^^^^

    Wow. With all due respect, Terence, that MCP musta been really hard to
    achieve.

    No wonder you display it so proudly.

    Frisbee®, Nov 3, 2006
  4. Wingnut

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Wow. With all due respect, Terence, that MCP musta been really hard to
    Yes, but which to do first, MCP or go straight for the MCSE?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Nov 3, 2006
  5. Wingnut

    Frisbee® Guest

    I'm pretty sure that MCSE is one of the electives you can take for your MCP.

    Frisbee®, Nov 3, 2006
  6. Wingnut

    Neil Guest

    Be nice to Terence. He's a regular on Channel 2.

    Neil, Nov 3, 2006
  7. Wingnut

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Yes, but which to do first, MCP or go straight for the MCSE?
    really? i thought that was for A+, oh well...

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Nov 3, 2006
  8. Wingnut

    Frisbee® Guest

    What do you think "With all due respect" means?

    Oh, I see. You didn't think he was due any.

    I noticed he altered his sig, and never thanked me, either.

    furrfu

    Frisbee®, Nov 3, 2006
  9. Wingnut

    Guest Guest

    ^^^^^^^^
    Oh yeah, I can feel the respect. Keep it coming :)

    Guest, Nov 3, 2006
  10. Wingnut

    Neil Guest

    he's a brit IIRC...whatchagonnado

    ;)

    Neil, Nov 3, 2006
  11. Wingnut

    Frisbee® Guest

    They're all still sore about that little revolution 230 years ago.

    And you thought U.S. southerners held a grudge for a long time.

    Frisbee®, Nov 3, 2006
  12. Wingnut

    Terence Rabe Guest

    I'm actually South African, living in the UK...

    Terence Rabe, Nov 3, 2006
  13. Wingnut

    Frisbee® Guest

    You must be a huge fan of fog and bland food, then.

    Frisbee®, Nov 3, 2006
  14. Wingnut

    Jtyc Guest

    You must be a huge fan of fog and bland food, then.

    I like bangors and mash, fish and chips... haggis.

    Jtyc, Nov 3, 2006
  15. Wingnut

    Neil Guest

    I SIT...corrected...

    say hi to Thomas L. for me...

    ...and Jason W....

    ....and Bob S..."qoq", heh!

    ;)

    Neil, Nov 3, 2006
  16. Wingnut

    Neil Guest

    spotted dick...

    Neil, Nov 3, 2006
  17. Wingnut

    Kline Sphere Guest

    You must be a huge fan of fog and bland food, then.
    jellied ells - yummy

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Nov 3, 2006
  18. --

    WHAT? WHO TOLD YOU ABOUT THAT???? uhm... what? you weren't talkin
    about... Oh! Oh... well... uhm... nevermind... uh.. wasn't talkin about me
    or anything... uh... why is everyone looking at me like that???

    Keyboard Cowboy, Nov 3, 2006
  19. Wingnut

    Frisbee® Guest

    Your Delta Tau name is... Pinto