    I ask the question because I read some document saying that PM can't
    merge non-boot/system partitions with boot/system partitions.

    Tks!

    ComeMon!, Jan 12, 2005

  2. ComeMon!

    Peter Guest

    Can you then remove D and E partitions and expand C partition to take a
    whole disk?
    After that is done, use CONVERT C: /FS:NTFS to make it NTFS.

    Peter, Jan 12, 2005

  3. If D: and E: partitions are empty, why keep them? Just
    delete them and enlarge C: with PM. As for converting C:
    from FAT to NTFS, the PM documentation says that it can
    be done by PM under WinNT, Win2K, and WinXP.

    *TimDaniels*

    Timothy Daniels, Jan 12, 2005
  4. ComeMon!

    jimbo Guest

    If D and E are empty, simply use Partition Magic to delete them, and
    expand C to take up all available space. Then simply use PM to change
    the file system to NTFS. I have used PM to create a new partition by
    taking space from a C partition. Later, I deleted the new partition and
    expanded C partition to use the available space. And I have converted a
    FAT32 C partition to NTFS. All without any problems.

    Good Luck, jimbo

    jimbo, Jan 12, 2005
  5. ComeMon!

    Mark Lloyd Guest

    It has nothing to do with "boot" or "system", those are just USES of
    the partition. It does have to do with primary or extended.

    Which partition do you want to keep? I'll assume it's the primary
    partition (probably called C:).

    First, use PM to enlarge C: as much as you can, shrinking the other 2
    and the extended partition.

    Second, move files from the other 2 partitions to C: as long as there
    is enough space. If you run out of room, repeat the resize as
    necessary.

    Then, you can remove all partitions other than the primary partition
    (where all the files are now), then resize the primary partition to
    use the whole disk.

    Yes, this will take awhile.

    Mark Lloyd, Jan 12, 2005
  6. ComeMon!

    7 Guest

    You can run up Knoppix and some of the 200 odd GNU/Linux
    liveCDs (all free to download / open source )
    The liveCDs boot from CDROM without having to install.
    After booting, run QtParted. That can convert the multiple fat
    partitions into single NTFS partition.

    7, Jan 13, 2005
  7. I have never had to merge partitions. What you want to do can be done
    with simple operations
    * Add partition
    * Delete partition
    * Resize partition
    *Convert partition to NTFS

    And partition magic can do all those things easily leaving you with
    tears of joy in your eyes.

    jameshanley39, Jan 13, 2005
  8. ComeMon!

    Lil' Dave Guest

    So, in effect, you want to incorporate empty space to the boot partition.
    Delete the other two partitions, then incorporate that space into the XP
    boot partition.
    Whether you can successfully convert to the CORRECT version of NTFS depends
    on what version of Partition Magic you have. Which, of course, most posters
    never provide, so the question cannot be answered.

    Merging is entirely unneeded in the scenario you presented. So, the merging
    question is moot.

    Lil' Dave, Jan 13, 2005
  9. Shame they don't do them for a backward sloping head
    in your size, eh?

    Kutloze Scheefgepoepte, Jan 13, 2005
  10. Check again Kutloze.

    I did not write the line you quoted and attributed to me!

    Panos Papadopolous, Jan 16, 2005
  11. You'll learn when it's too late.

    Kutloze-Pik Scheefgepoepte, Jan 16, 2005
  12. ComeMon!

    pilon Guest

    Has anyone told you you are a dipshit?
    NOI

    pilon, Jan 16, 2005
  13.
    President Kendrick Hillyham-Cacklefitch, Jan 16, 2005
  14. ComeMon!

    Sam Holman Guest

    Sam Holman, Jan 16, 2005
  15.
    Kutloze-Pik Scheefgepoepte, Jan 16, 2005
  16. ComeMon!

    Dee Guest

    Then shut up and hold still!!!

    Dee, Jan 16, 2005
  17. ComeMon!

    Dee Guest

    The same way most other mammals copulate!!!

    Dee, Jan 16, 2005
  18. ComeMon!

    pilon Guest

    u don't know?

    pilon, Jan 17, 2005
  19. ComeMon!

    Dee Guest

    Are you implying you're playing with your father's penis, or is he
    playing with yours?

    Either way, Shut Up and Hold Still!!!

    Dee, Jan 17, 2005
  20. ComeMon!

    Dee Guest

    To tell you the truth, I wasn't aware of the Danes being as perverted as
    you imply in your post!!!

    Most cultures don't really condone sexual activity between parents and
    offspring!!!

    Dee, Jan 17, 2005