    Does anyone here have experience with this printer? I've used the Canon dye
    sub for small prints and found it produced excellent results. The idea of
    similar results in an 8X10 print is tempting.

    Ric Kaysen, Oct 5, 2004

  2. Ric Kaysen

    Larry Guest

    Its a good printer, but it has some limitations.

    As it comes out of the box it can only print full page or 2 4x6 on a page.

    Firmware update for 2-up 5x7 is $99 (US).

    If used with Qimage or Photoshop you can get good results, but DONT use the
    printer driver to resize the print as it doesn't use the best algorythms and
    if the driver re-sizes the picture it could be somewhat jaggie.

    The consumables are expensive $29.99 for a 25 pack of paper $49.99 for ribbon
    for 50 prints. These are retail US prices.

    Larry, Oct 5, 2004

  3. Ric Kaysen

    Ric Kaysen Guest

    --
    Remove NOSPAM to reply
    Thanks for the reply. I was concerned about the cost of consumables. I tweak

    Ric Kaysen, Oct 5, 2004
  4. Ric Kaysen

    Larry Guest

    As far as I know HP software will only print to HP printers.

    Using Photoshops "print with preview" allows you to size the print in
    Photoshop without engaging the printers sizing algrythm.

    Larry, Oct 5, 2004
  5. What's your secret?

    mark_

    mark_digitalĀ©, Oct 6, 2004