    other brands, and was wondering why is it... Are they "worse" than
    other brands? Why?

    Thanks everyone in advance!

    kreature, Sep 22, 2004

  2. kreature

    GT40 Guest

    Lexar are the best cards, esp when it comes to speed. However I just
    bought a 512MB Sandisk card

    GT40, Sep 22, 2004

  3. kreature

    Hornbill Guest

    Why best??

    Hornbill, Sep 22, 2004
  4. kreature

    Todd H. Guest

    Dunno, but I've got 256MB and 1G Sandisk compactFlash cards and
    they've worked flawlessly with my Canon G2 and Rebels.

    Memory tends to be memory, and I'm willing to bet that most of these
    manufacturers are using the same flash memory chips underneath the
    covers regardless. Neither Lexar nor Sandisk own an IC fab to my
    knowledge.

    Best Regards,

    Todd H., Sep 22, 2004
  5. I don't have much experience but no problem with my 512 MB SanDisk. I
    think they are more responsive to the quick changes in cost of memory
    so that may be part of the difference in cost. The card I bought just
    dropped from $65 at the first of the month to $49 last week.

    George E. Cawthon, Sep 28, 2004
  6. kreature

    GSW Guest

    Sandisk has announced a Ultra III and Extreme III cards, they claim
    20MB/s read/write on these new cards... They are also talking about 4
    and 8GB cards

    Meanwhile you can buy Sandisk Ulta II cards for as little as 80
    cents/GB. Which is a pretty good deal for a card that is capable of
    50X write and 66X read speeds.

    GSW, Sep 29, 2004