Question about MCSE Certification

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by greg, Nov 9, 2003.

  1. greg

    greg Guest


    I was wanting to get an MCSE Certification and was
    wondering which one to get first? I was thinking either
    70-215 or 70-270. The 70-215 seems like pretty old stuff.
    I was thinking if I got the 70-270 first it would give me
    both the 70-215 and the 70-270 Certs?

    Also, if you know which books or sites are the best for
    studying for these exams please let me know.

    greg, Nov 9, 2003
    1. Advertisements

  2. greg

    S. O'Brien Guest

    Old stuff? Windows 2000 Server is not all that old. A lot of business are
    still migrating up to that from NT now. You will find very few who have
    progressed up to XP or 2003.
    you have to take both... no matter what. one cert will not give you 2... if
    you look at the microsoft certification site, it states which exams you HAVE
    to take... and they are both there... nice try though,,,,,, etc
    Your welcome
    S. O'Brien, Nov 9, 2003
    1. Advertisements

  3. greg

    Rich Guest

    You will need 270 or 210 and 215 if you are pursueing the
    MCSE 2000 track. Sybex and ExamCram books are fine. Also
    the MS Press books.
    Rich, Nov 9, 2003
  4. greg

    Plain Jane Guest

    You will need both the client(70-210 or 70-270) and
    server side (Windows 2000: 70-215, 70-216, 70-217). It is
    a different subject matter altogether. Otherwise the good
    folk at MS will not create two different exams!

    Good luck to a your adventure!
    Plain Jane, Nov 9, 2003
  5. greg

    KasKoo Guest

    In fact no..
    It will only give you the mcp credential
    KasKoo, Nov 9, 2003
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.