    and also whether I can get a ATA to work with an IDE type interface?

    Thanks
    John T McDougald

    John T McDougald, Jun 4, 2005

  2. John T McDougald

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    ATA and IDE are the same things John.

    Oldus Fartus, Jun 4, 2005

  3. John T McDougald

    JTJersey Guest

    ATA and IDE are terms used interchangeably, unless your refering to
    SerialATA (or SATA.) Are there SATA DVD Burners out there? I havn't
    noticed any.

    JTJersey, Jun 4, 2005
  4. John T McDougald

    Josh Randall Guest

    Yep. And I just got one from newegg.com for $49. An NEC with 300 reviews.
    All good. This is OEM, so you can get freeware or buy Nero for it.

    Josh Randall, Jun 4, 2005
  5. John T McDougald

    JTJersey Guest

    They're only listing three models of Plextor at the moment. All in the
    $100 price range. I wonder where the rest of them went? Do you have any
    thoughts on the SATA vs EIDE interface as far as speed and reliability
    with your NEC?

    JTJersey, Jun 6, 2005