    I'd like to know if the movie world trade center scenes has already
    been censored out because of 9/11 if it has, ill stick to my bare
    bones dvd uncut version, any info?

    RojBlake, Dec 1, 2003

  2. Of course it hasn't been cut out. They'd have to cut out at least two
    key scenes to do that.

    and tagging wildebeests."
    --Michael J. Nelson

    Grand Inquisitor

    Grand Inquisitor, Dec 2, 2003

  3. RojBlake

    Black Locust Guest

    What about Escape From L.A.? Are there any plans to give that one a
    special edition treatment?

    Black Locust, Dec 2, 2003
  4. RojBlake

    RojBlake Guest

    I'am relieved to hear you say that. Thank you for the info. You seemed
    surprised though that I asked the question. I assure you it is well
    within the studio's ability to easily delete the scenes involving the
    world trade center - many have done so. It is a fact that many movies
    releases were censored after 9/11 involving scenes with the WTC,
    movies like artificial intelligence, and spiderman.

    Thanks again for the info, I'll be sure to pick up my copy of the new
    release of EFNY.

    RojBlake, Dec 2, 2003
  5. RojBlake

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    First off, A.I. was not censored and still has the WTC visible in the
    future-NYC scenes.

    Secondly, although some studios did digitally erase background images of
    the WTC from a few movies (Zoolander, notably), this has only happened
    with new, still-in-production movies, not with old catalog titles of
    movies and TV shows dating back before 9/11.

    Joshua Zyber, Dec 2, 2003
  6. RojBlake

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    Seems unlikely, given how loathed the movie is by both fans of the
    original and audiences in general.

    Joshua Zyber, Dec 2, 2003
  7. RojBlake

    Wade365 Guest

    << What about Escape From L.A.? Are there any plans to give that one a
    special edition treatment? >>

    How 'bout just setting fire to the negatives? That's about as special as that
    film oughta be treated.

    Wade365, Dec 2, 2003
  8. Seems unlikely, given how loathed the movie is by both fans of the
    That, and the fact that EFNY is going to be handled by MGM while EFLA would
    have to be handled by Paramount. - Reinhart

    LASERandDVDfan, Dec 2, 2003
  9. RojBlake

    Black Locust Guest

    *shrug*

    I like Escape From L.A. :\ And I've seen far worse movies get the
    Special Edition treatment.

    Black Locust, Dec 2, 2003
  10. RojBlake

    Black Locust Guest

    Third one? As far as I know there's only 2 "Escape" movies.

    Black Locust, Dec 2, 2003
  11. What was cut out of AI? I just watched it a couple of weeks ago and the
    WTC towers were visible. Besides, those were all new,
    theatrical-release movies. Not little cult movies getting a DVD release.
    I bought the bare bones version about a week before the special edition
    was announced. >:-(

    and tagging wildebeests."
    --Michael J. Nelson

    Grand Inquisitor

    Grand Inquisitor, Dec 2, 2003
  12. Yes, the third one was a one-see kind of movie, but it set the stage for
    an awesome sequel. I have read that Carpenter and Russell still want to
    do another Snake Plissken movie. :)

    and tagging wildebeests."
    --Michael J. Nelson

    Grand Inquisitor

    Grand Inquisitor, Dec 2, 2003
  13. RojBlake

    Riffraff Guest

    I remember Carpenter and Russell mentioning once in an interview around
    the time of EFLA that they would like to do a third movie and make it a trilogy
    but that it would involve Snake going into space. I'd like think it was tongue
    and cheek but I never thought they would stoop so low as to remake ESNY
    when they made EFLA, so who knows what could happen.

    Muscleman

    Riffraff, Dec 3, 2003
  14. RojBlake

    Riffraff Guest

    Are you serious? Can you imagine how many movies the studios
    would have to butcher to remove all the scenes in every movie
    that has the world trade center in it? They'd be editing from now
    and until the end of time.

    If you are serious, then the answer is no, they did not edit out the
    WTC from the movie. If they did, all the fans would have shit fits!

    Muscleman

    Riffraff, Dec 3, 2003
  15. This time Space has become a prison and he has to rescue the president's
    cat, Miffles, from the clutches of an evil gangsta, played by Eminem.

    and tagging wildebeests."
    --Michael J. Nelson

    Grand Inquisitor

    Grand Inquisitor, Dec 3, 2003