    the specs on the MB, that is the highest my MB can support. If I was to put
    a higher class in the system, would it work? What is would happen?

    Please advise me if you have any questions.

    Angry Dax, Oct 24, 2003

  2. Angry Dax

    Harrison Guest

    Some DDR is backwards compatible, but you'll have to research the
    particular brand to be sure. The motherboard will use it only if it is
    backward compatible.
    I assume you'd consider doing this to be prepared for transfer to a
    future mb upgrade? Either that or you have access to some faster DDR
    at a good price.

    Harrison, Oct 24, 2003