Quebec VS MCSE

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by SJ, Oct 15, 2005.

  1. SJ

    SJ Guest

    SJ, Oct 15, 2005

  2. Those battles have been ongoing for a while now. But it is still funny.

    The Rev [MCT], Oct 15, 2005

  3. SJ

    Dave Guest

    Good! Let's face it, it's possible to obtain an MCSE by braindumps alone
    and never having actually driven a server as such, so why should a
    "qualification" such as the MCSE allow you to be referred to as an
    "Engineer"? Please note that I'm not advocating braindumps, I'm merely
    saying that the MCSE has been undervalued (amongst other reasons) by their
    use. Other professions dictate that you need real professional
    qualifications (degrees(s)) followed by monitored (authentic) experience
    followed by sucessful applications to Chartered Status in order to be called
    an "Engineer". Now compare that to braindumping 7 exams to get an MCSE,
    it's a no brainer. I applaud Quebec for having the bollox to state the
    completely bleedin' obvious.

    Dave, Oct 16, 2005
  4. Quebec obviously has time to waste prosecuting people for something that
    really isn't a crime.

    I applaud Quebec for having a government with nothing better to do.

    When I am elected president of Quebec, which I will accomplish after getting
    their current government incarcerated by McCarthyist 'You're secretly an
    MCSE' tactics, I will pass laws that make it illegal to urinate if the color
    isn't a specific tone of yellow, and the government will disallow public use
    of the capital letter G, except when referring to the Government.

    Microcephalic S. Bob, Oct 16, 2005
  5. SJ

    Briscobar Guest

    Yeah, me too. It's obvious that they must have solved all other problems if
    they have time to devote to this.

    Briscobar, Oct 16, 2005
  6. SJ

    Dave Guest

    Point completely missed.

    Dave, Oct 16, 2005
  7. SJ

    Robert Moir Guest

    Their approach is like dealing with rust by putting another coat of paint on
    the car.

    Robert Moir, Oct 16, 2005
  8. SJ

    SJ Guest

    what's sad is all the people in Quebec that are in school right now working
    towards MCSE.

    SJ, Oct 17, 2005
  9. When I am elected president of Quebec, which I will accomplish after
    There was supposed to be a point?

    Microcephalic S. Bob, Oct 17, 2005
  10. They were sad anyway, because next Quebec will outlaw salad.

    Microcephalic S. Bob, Oct 17, 2005
  11. SJ

    Dave Guest

    Yes, there are real engineers and then there are pretend engineers. The
    MCSE qualification itself belongs to the latter. M$ need to make it more of
    an exclusive qualification, give it a better standing, some respectability.
    As it stands at the moment, it's easy to obtain if you braindump it. This
    results in people being "qualified" at MCSE level and really not knowing
    their stuff. How can you refer to sombody who has taken this route to
    obtain a qualification, an Engineer? Ok, so Quebec have tarred everybody
    with the same brush which is unfortunate but understandable. I'm sue this
    will change if M$ make the MCSE a real engineering qualification.

    Dave, Oct 17, 2005
  12. SJ

    Dave Guest

    Last sentence should have been: I'm sure this will change if M$ make the
    MCSE a real engineering qualification.

    Dave, Oct 17, 2005
  13. SJ

    Neil Guest

    ok, call me a Microsoft Certified Systems Expert if you like, but just keep
    those paychecks rollin'

    Neil, Oct 17, 2005
  14. SJ

    T-Bone Guest

    That just means the frenchies will have to alter their equivalent of
    whatever they call the MCSE. Ever since they started calling the Montreal
    transit system STCUM, I look forward to their mangling of English acronyms.

    T-Bone, Oct 17, 2005
  15. SJ

    Dave Guest

    Good one, fair point.

    Dave, Oct 17, 2005
  16. SJ

    Neil Guest

    reality is, I don't care what you call me. I can do my job and prove it
    daily. My paycheck will keep comin with or without the name of the cert.
    I wrote the exams (A) becuase my employer at the time asked me to and
    (II) becuase I wanted to prove to myself that I understood teh subject.

    I know a few Professional Engineers that couldn't design/build a complete
    sentence and a whole bunch of MCSE that get confused when you ask them to
    map a drive from the command prompt. There are incompentent people in all
    feilds. Just becuase a person has a Ph.D. in medicine doesn't bar him
    from the possibilty of malpractice. I am a firm believer that, as one
    person I know put it, "everyone is an idiot, just on different
    subjects".

    I do have an issue with this hitting the courts. If Microsoft, Cisco,
    Novell, IBM and a bunch of others want to rebrand their certs to call
    them something other than "Engineer", that's one thing. To have the
    courts mandate it is another. Most Dentists shouldn't be called Dr. but
    they are. Most Chiropracters shouldn't be called Dr. and a whole bunch of
    Dr. shouldn't be called Dr.

    What I see here is the potential for a cash grab and nothing else. No one
    is going to ask an MCSE to build a bridge or a skyscaper. I also wont ask
    a civil engineer to design my AD forest. But if I call myself an Engineer
    in Quebec, someone will sue and and get cash. Someone else will suggest
    MS (or some other vendor) pay up. Class action suits left right and
    center. I might get sued so I will have to carry more insurance
    (Insurance companies benefit), when I do I will sue (or my insurance
    company will) MS for allowing me to be called "Engineer". The Univeristy
    will like it becuase the only way you can actually call yourself
    "Engineer" is to take the classes and write the exam. everybody is makin
    money, so why not, right?

    Becuase its a cash grab for the sake of a cash grab. morals, ethics and
    common sense. Why aren't they sueing VIA rail (Canadian railway) becuase
    of what they call the guy driving the train? oh, right, they're a
    government agency...

    *shakes head in disgust*

    and imagine the confusion if I am a P.E. and an MCSE. "you can, no you
    can't no you can call yourself an Engineer - I think".

    Next up, "You are an Electrical Engineer, so you aren't really an
    Engineer. You don't build bridges"...

    Neil, Oct 17, 2005
  17. What you don't grasp here is that Microsoft doesn't care whether people who
    obtain an MCSE are 'real engineers' or not.

    The MCSE program is a source of income, and while they will make an effort
    to obfuscate this fact, Microsoft is perfectly willing to accept money from
    braindumpers as well as 'real engineers'.

    Now, I'm sure someone over there works partially hard to make the tests
    difficult to obtain / cheat on / dump / etc, but it's a losing battle. It
    would simply put the cost too high to come up with a solution.

    Well, I can think of a few solutions, but it's not like anyone over there
    would listen to me, and working for free isn't too good for me.

    Microcephalic S. Bob, Oct 17, 2005
  18. My brain has an autocorrect function where it tends to look at the sentence
    as a whole and, if it identifies a typo or weird word, tries to figure out
    what was meant. Then, a little talking gerbil with a pencil flies on screen
    and fills in the blanks.

    Microcephalic S. Bob, Oct 17, 2005
  19. SJ

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, SJ spewed across the ether:
    Iffy Piffy

    JaR, Oct 17, 2005
  20. SJ

    Neil Guest