    What flash unit out there will do this for me the best? Is it one of the
    two above, or is it another one?

    Clyde Torres

    Clyde Torres, Oct 20, 2004

  2. Clyde Torres

    GT40 Guest

    580EX no question

    GT40, Oct 20, 2004

  3. Clyde Torres

    DM Guest

    The new promaster 7500 is pretty darn good, and comes with a solid metal
    hot shoe which is even sturdier than Canon's flashes. In one test it
    trashed the 550EX in terms of exposure accuracy. I believe the price is
    around $150, take a good look at that.

    DM, Oct 20, 2004
  4. Clyde Torres

    Tony Guest

    Tony, Oct 20, 2004
  5. Clyde Torres

    Robert Guest

    Robert, Oct 20, 2004
  6. Clyde Torres

    Skip M Guest

    Do mean "Quantum," not "Quantaray?" A huge difference. The Quantum flashes
    are among the most respected on camera flashes for pro photographers,
    ranking at or above the level of Metz. Quantaray is the house brand of Ritz
    Camera, and not well respected.
    AFAIK, Quantaray does not make a T4D, while Quantum does.

    Skip M, Oct 20, 2004
  7. Clyde Torres

    Clyde Torres Guest

    Thank you for making this most important distinction, Skip. I really did
    mean Quantum, the maker of the T4d. I will pose my question again. Which
    one would YOU (pl) buy, the Canon 580EX or the Quantum T4d? Does the
    Quantum T4d accept data like focal length, focus distance, aperture, etc.,
    from the Canon 20D in determining how much light to flash? I want a flash
    that very accurately flashes the amount of light needed to take a picture of
    the subject at the specified parameters that the 20D provides. Is the
    Quantum T4d personalized for each camera, or does it hook to any ol' camera
    and figures it out?

    Clyde Torres
    QSBT = Quantaray Sux Big Time
    RSBT = You figure it out

    Clyde Torres, Oct 21, 2004
  8. Clyde Torres

    Annika1980 Guest

    From: "Clyde Torres"
    Ritz.

    Annika1980, Oct 21, 2004
  9. Clyde Torres

    Skip M Guest

    I've been told that the Quantum does just that. I have a wedding to shoot
    on Sunday, and one on Friday, that I'm renting this very flash to do, with a
    eye to buying 2 of same, having gotten tired of battling the limitations of
    my 420EX flashes. I'll let you know the results. Quantum has a module for
    each type of camera, theirs is ETT-L enabled, so it should work with ETT-L
    II just like the Canon flashes.
    One reason I'm considering going with Quantum over Canon is that I have the
    540EZ, and I don't think it is as capable as the Quantum T4D, and the 550EX
    isn't that much of an improvement over the older model, IMHO.

    Skip M, Oct 21, 2004
  10. Clyde Torres

    Clyde Torres Guest

    By all means please let us know how the T4d performs.

    Thanks.

    Clyde Torres

    Clyde Torres, Oct 22, 2004
  11. Clyde Torres

    Skip M Guest

    Do me a favor, if I forget, or lose track of this thread, email me after the
    1st of Nov. I have a wedding this Sunday and again on Friday, the 29th,
    using these flashes for both.

    Skip M, Oct 22, 2004