    http://www.mobile-review.com/review/nokia-6300-en.shtml

    (2) Near beginning of page.
    http://www.imobile.com.au/phonereviews/default.asp?ID=reviewsapr0702

    Lemmo, Aug 14, 2007

  2. Lemmo

    The Drone Guest

    I have an old Nikon 2Mp digital Camera and a 2Mp auto-focus camera on my
    K750i. If I have the Nikon and its batteries are charged (which is often
    not the case because they run down extremely quickly) I would use it in
    preference to the phone. It has a 2x optical zoom, the lens is much
    better, it has a built-in flash and I get better exposure control
    (including fill-in flash). If I'm outside, the light is good and I don't
    need to zoom, the phone is pretty much as good. But the phone has the
    merit that I always have it, it's almost invariably charged and it
    weighs (guessing) about 30% of the camera.

    So no, I don't reckon they're as good (particularly if they're not
    auto-focus) but I take more photos with the phone than I do with the
    camera.

    The Drone, Aug 14, 2007

  3. Lemmo

    Matt Ion Guest

    The sensor is probably better quality than that in most old 2MP cameras,
    but lenses on these things are typically just plastic, and since they're
    usually kicked around in a purse or pocket, the lenses tend to get
    damaged fairly regularly... and at the end of the day, the final
    determining factor in a camera's image quality is, after all, the lens.

    Matt Ion, Aug 15, 2007
  4. Lemmo

    Ron Hunter Guest

    A 2mp image is usually quite good. I took a couple of thousand of them
    with my original digital camera, and was moderately pleased with most of
    them. That said, the lenses in most camera phones are very small, and
    they don't do will in low light situations, and are subject to more
    distortion than most digital cameras. I have, however, seen some very
    good images from camera phones.

    Ron Hunter, Aug 15, 2007
  5. Lemmo

    Anoni Moose Guest

    Our KRZR phone's 2MP is horrible compared to our old 2-MP
    Nikon 950 camera of yesteryear. Not even close.

    FWIW

    Anoni Moose, Aug 15, 2007
  6. Lemmo

    colinstone Guest

    Concur - Nokia 6300 2MP pretty garbage compared with a Kodak 2MP I
    have. But when you consider that the wretched phone does phots,
    vidoes, radio, calendar, calculator and MP3 etc etc - Oh and you can
    use it to make calls!!!! - it is not bad for a quick snap. At 800x600
    may be acceptable for web publishing - have not yet tried it.

    colinstone, Aug 17, 2007
  7. Lemmo

    bugbear Guest

    In general, the sensors (in the phones) are OK,
    but the lenses are poor, compared to a (old!)
    2Mp camera.

    BugBear

    bugbear, Aug 20, 2007