[Qs]Best reading/reference material? Conferences/seminars/training you would attend?!?

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by papi, Aug 19, 2004.

  1. papi

    papi Guest

    I was asked to "embark" on a network infrastructure upgrade process
    (probably - in some locations - going as far as reaping apart even the
    cabling systems), with the capability of supporting VoIP, then prepare
    myself for deploying VoIP (as a second stage). Based on this type of
    request, what would you recommend as possible reading material, for
    providing info in regards to infrastructure-architectural design, and
    possible scenarios for deployment? Or - simply put - which books would you
    buy?

    What about training/seminars/conferences capable of addressing an overview
    of available solutions, with customer/user deployments and discusssions?

    Focus (part of requirements): Cisco gear (5% chance for other solutions,
    e.g. Avaya, Mitel, etc.)

    TIA,
    Papi

    P.S. If not too much to ask - anybody having any suggestions for good
    (reality-proven) network assessment and monitoring software for VoIP
    specifically?

    papi, Aug 19, 2004