    recommend some supplemental reading that is more of a high-level
    overview of the Cisco implementation?

    Thanks for the help

    response3, Feb 9, 2007

  2. response3

    Bod43 Guest

    Egress queuing is useful if two or more ingress
    ports send traffic to a single egress port. Or of
    course a high speed ingress port feeds a lower
    speed egress port. I think that the keys to
    QoS are ingress (or of course at source) marking
    and egress queuing.

    Settin up QoS is a convoluted process.

    I have not yet really been there, done that,
    however the routers (cpu switching - 2800, 3800,
    7200) do QoS quite straightforwardly however the
    switches seem require you to get pretty close
    to the hardware.

    Even the routers though have variations
    between models, interfaces, etc.

    Bod43, Feb 9, 2007