QOS & VoIP, SIP phone priority needed for config file in Cisco 1605R

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by time-motion, Jan 31, 2006.

  1. time-motion

    time-motion Guest

    I have a Cisco 1605R router which I bought recently on ebay. It has 8mb
    flash, 24mb RAM (8+16), IOS image c1600-k8osy-mz.123-17a.bin. I am using a
    configuration almost identical to the one posted here:

    http://www.hwkb.com/Uwe/Threads/Single.aspx/network-cisco/11341?ArtId=

    (many thanks to Joop van der Velden for this configuration)

    My internet is cable modem. I have a Sipura SPA-2000, that's a SIP telephone
    adapter using upd ports 5060, 5061, and the media port set on a per call
    basis can be anywhere in this range: udp 16384 to 16393.

    The problem comes when I am on the phone and simultaneously downloading or
    uploading a lot of data through my computer (maybe getting the latest Linux
    distro via bittorrent). As you might expect, my phone conversation loses
    some clarity then!

    What can I add to my router's config file to give priority to my SIP phone
    conversations on media ports udp 16384 to 16393?

    time-motion, Jan 31, 2006