    Ivan Ostres Guest

    hm.. not really. It would be better if you could use udp (such as tftp)
    for making congestion.

    Ivan Ostres, Feb 9, 2004

  2. nico

    Guest Guest

    Why.. When a real congestion occurs in the future, the protocol 'll be TCP
    so.. It's problematic..

    I wouldlike to see my priority class dl faster than
    other classes when iface is in congestion..

    Reboot the router ?

    Guest, Feb 9, 2004

  3. nico

    Ivan Ostres Guest

    Actually, modern TCP stack will not fill up the whole bandwidth, and it
    will not force the router to discard lot of packets (after it discards
    some, computer will make sliding window smaller) and you will loose
    "congestion". UDP will force itself no matter what happens. This is of
    course theoreticaly.

    That is not in question. The real question is how can you really congest
    (i don't know if that is a regular word... english is my fourth language
    :) ) your bandwidth.

    It's not windows :)

    Ivan Ostres, Feb 9, 2004
  4. nico

    Guest Guest

    Ivan , if i ask my upstream to limit to 2meg my bandwidth
    i 'm in a congestion situation..

    I do that and doesn't apply any priority with my class.
    and my upstream was limitted to 2MB !!!!

    Guest, Feb 9, 2004