QoS for IPSEC encrypted GRE tunnel

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by erikisme, Mar 18, 2008.

  1. erikisme

    erikisme Guest

    Hi,

    I have an DSL router connected to a central site via a GRE tunnel. The
    tunnel is encrypted by IPSEC and works fine.

    - cisco 836 IOS version c836-k9o3s8y6-mz.123-2.XA6.bin
    - DSL 7550kbps/864kbps
    - ipsec encrypted gre tunnel
    - ipsec tunnel mode

    I'm trying to implement QoS. The configuration is rather straight
    forward.

    - class-maps for voip and citrix
    - policy-map - child and parent; with LLQ and CBWFQ; class based
    shaping
    - qos pre-classify to classify packets prior to encryption
    - crypto commands to prevent fragmentation after encryption
    - expanded anti replay window
    - output service-policy on tunnel interface

    Two things don't work however.

    - 'shape average' command for policy-map. I can enter it but it
    doesn't show up in the configuration and no error message appears.

    - 'service-policy output parent' command on interface tunnel0. I can
    enter it but it doesn't show up in the configuration. Sometimes it
    says ' CBWFQ : Hierarchy supported only if shaping is configured in
    this class'. That's obvious because the 'shape average' won't stick.
    Funny thing however is that i do not get the error message when i
    enter the 'shape average' command in the policy-map first. But still
    they both won't show up.

    And the net result is that there is no active policy on the interface:

    dsl-router#sh policy-map
    Policy Map parent
    Class class-default
    service-policy child

    Policy Map child
    Class voip
    Strict Priority
    Bandwidth 30 (%)
    Class citrix
    Bandwidth 500 (kbps) Max Threshold 64 (packets)
    Class class-default
    Flow based Fair Queueing
    Bandwidth 0 (kbps) Max Threshold 64 (packets)
    set dscp default

    Anyone got a clue what's going wrong here?

    ---------------------config example---------------------
    crypto isakmp policy 1
    authentication pre-share
    !
    crypto isakmp key 0 72e7823djijeaj281r84sokdij382883djj address
    192.xxx.yyy.10
    crypto ipsec transform-set VPN-SITE-TRANS esp-3des esp-sha-hmac
    crypto ipsec security-association replay window-size 1024
    crypto df-bit set
    crypto ipsec fragmentation before-encryption
    !
    crypto map VPN-SITE 1 ipsec-isakmp
    set peer 192.xxx.yyy.10
    set transform-set VPN-SITE-TRANS
    match address VPN-TO-CENTRAL
    !
    class-map match-any voip
    match ip dscp ef
    class-map match-any citrix
    match access-group name citrix_ports
    !
    policy-map child
    class voip
    priority percent 30 ! LLQ
    class citrix
    bandwidth 500 ! CBWFQ
    class class-default
    fair-queue
    set dscp default
    policy-map parent
    class class-default
    shape average 400000 ! shape traffic to 400 kbps
    service-policy child
    !
    interface Tunnel0
    description GRE tunnel
    ip address 137.aaa.bbb.2 255.255.255.252
    qos pre-classify
    service-policy output parent
    keepalive 10 3
    tunnel source BVI1