Q: "Spoolsv.exe has generated errors"

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by TRH, Nov 3, 2004.

  1. TRH

    TRH Guest

    I am cleaning up a virus infection that Symantec and other antivirus comanies refer to as
    "Trojan.Riler".

    (It is upsetting to see that this infection took place even though I have a firewall
    --Zone Alarm-- and a antivirus program --AVG. AVG scans, by the way, do not find the
    infection...)

    I think I got rid of the infection but I am now getting the following message:
    "Spoolsv.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart
    the program. An error log is being created."

    How do I fix this problems?

    Thanks,

    A. Toprak

    P.S.:

    Here is how I have done so far:
    * I basically followed Symantec's webpages. Since I do not have Symantec's product I
    manually renamed the following files:

    sporder.dll
    winmedl.dll
    WinSSi.exe