    on that line via the appropriate filter, would DUN performance be
    worse than if the line were not ADSL enabled?

    jd

    Jimmy Dean, Mar 7, 2005

  2. Jimmy Dean

    DJ Borell Guest

    "Jimmy Dean" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > When a phone line is ADSL enabled, if you were to use a dial-up modem
    > on that line via the appropriate filter, would DUN performance be
    > worse than if the line were not ADSL enabled?
    >
    > jd

    With the proper line filters in place, DUN should not be adversely affected
    by ADSL. The data transfer for voice communications and ADSL traffic occur
    on separate frequencies. DUN falls into the "voice" spectrum.

    DJ Borell, Mar 7, 2005

  3. One would question you as to what would be the advantage in using a DUN in
    addition to DSL.

    =?Utf-8?B?QkFS?=, Mar 10, 2005
  4. Jimmy Dean

    Joan Archer Guest

    Sorry to butt in here but my answer for that would be that one of my
    ISP's (not the main one) is a dial up account and it is necessary to
    actually dial up to that server to keep the account active, that way I
    have a means of connecting if anything goes wrong with the other <g>
    That's my way of looking at it.
    Joan

    Joan Archer, Mar 10, 2005