Q. Palm Pilot, Pocket PC. Excel Pie chart choice.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Jim Jones, Jan 6, 2004.

  1. Jim Jones

    Jim Jones Guest

    Hello.

    I had recently posted a more general question regarding a Palm Pilot
    type of device, where I could do some budgeting on the road, and then
    when returning home, I could upload to my computer and update my Excel
    ss on the desktop.

    More specifically, this is what I want to do:

    I have a pie chart on Excel, which represents everything I'm worth,
    with diferent colored slices meaning different things.

    I would like the handheld device to also be able to download this
    Excel pie chart, and pretty much show it as it is on my desktop
    computer. With me so far ?

    Then, when out shopping, on the road, etc. I want to be able to make
    manual data entries for what I've spent, etc. Then, when I return
    home, I want to upload the manually entered data to my Excel
    spreadsheet on the desktop, which will automatically update my
    piechart. Then, I can re-download it to the Pocket PC, or Palm.

    Now, which handheld device would be more ideal for what I want ?

    Thanks,
    Jim

    Jim Jones, Jan 6, 2004

  2. Hi Jim!

    Why don't you take your Excel chart, make a copy of it, fill this with dummy
    data and carry it to the nearest store?
    Have it uploaded on a Pocket PC and on a Palm device and try working with
    it. Then get it on a floppy disk and upload it at your home PC.

    That said, I think that Pocket Excel might be more helpful for your
    requirements than its Palm alternative. However, a chart will be too
    sophisticated for both of them.
    Of course, I'm not sure about the latest version, because I had only a HP
    Jornada 545 (PPC 2000) which a happy changed to a Sharp Zaurus 5500g.

    Greetings,

    Joachim

    Joachim Ziebs, Jan 6, 2004