    P.S.: I am not planning to change to a different news reader unless I
    absolutely have to. I have very little room left on this old
    computer's harddrive.

    S.V.Proff, Jun 10, 2004

  2. S.V.Proff

    Rifleman Guest

    Try Mozilla Thunderbird instead

    Why not? Just delete the old and then install the new! No change in space
    required.

    Rifleman, Jun 10, 2004

  3. S.V.Proff

    Keith Guest

    This is a problem with the original design of Netscape and
    it even exists in Mozilla. I would check out Xnews as an alternative since
    you have very little room on your hard drive and Xnews is a online
    reader.

    Keith, Jun 10, 2004
  4. S.V.Proff

    Guest Guest

    I'd ride my bikes on the road more if I knew I wouldn't get run over. Ya,
    I got run over once already, and don't want to do it again.

    I got me one of those penny-farthing bikes a couple months ago (just a 3
    footer from www.coker.com , but I got a deal on one on eBay), and it's
    surprisingly comfortable to ride. It has a more upright posture, which I
    like much more than the hunched-over 10-speed bikes; and it's got more leg
    room than even my crusty old cruiser bike.
    I've got a shiny new 4 footer coming today (I hope) from www.hiwheel.com . .
    .. not really frugal, but lots of fun to ride around the lake on the bike
    path . . . I think I can justify the $$$ if I can figure out a way to
    combine the attention it gets with a sign advertising my barber shop (for
    which I'm looking for a site, btw).

    But anyway, ya, bikes have a plethora of virtues, but I sure wish 4-wheelers
    wouldn't run me over on mine . . .
    -Tock

    Guest, Jun 10, 2004
  5. I had this problem when my newsfeed was changed. got mtnewswatcher and
    it seems capable of remembering user name and password

    no useful info, Jun 10, 2004
  6. S.V.Proff

    The Real Bev Guest

    What version are you using? BTW, it's a 'client,' not a 'server.'
    Mozilla/Linux 1.7 remembers my passwords. Netscape/Linux 4.79 doesn't,
    but the newsreader works so much better that I can live with feeding it
    in once a day.

    The Real Bev, Jun 11, 2004
  7. S.V.Proff

    The Real Bev Guest

    Brightly-colored canvas canopy? How about a flagpole attached to the
    stem? Perhaps a turn-of-the-century costume with knickers, your shop's
    name/address on the back of your shirt, sleeve garters and a soft cap?
    Bummer, I thought you already had one you liked.

    The Real Bev, Jun 11, 2004