    I want to learn using IOS.

    Thanks

    Stuart

    stuie_norris, Oct 9, 2005

  2. :I have just been given a used Cisco 837 router by a friend who has
    :upgraded to a Cisco 1801 router.

    :The catch is he has forgotten the exec and exec secret passwords.

    :What is the trick to reset this router to factory defaults, so I can
    :use it.

    Step 1: Pay Cisco the necessary "relicensing" fee in order to
    obtain the legal right to use the device, as the license is
    not transferable.

    Step 2: Search cisco.com for "800 password recovery" and follow
    the directions there.

    Step 3: Once you have access to the device, "write erase"
    and then reboot.

    Walter Roberson, Oct 9, 2005

  3. stuie_norris

    Make Guest

    Send BREAK when router is booting.

    !--- The router was just powercycled and during bootup a
    !--- break sequence was sent to the router.

    !

    *** System received an abort due to Break Key ***

    signal= 0x3, code= 0x500, context= 0x813ac158
    PC = 0x802d0b60, Vector = 0x500, SP = 0x80006030
    rommon 1 > confreg 0x2142

    You must reset or power cycle for new config to take effect

    rommon 2 > reset

    Make, Oct 9, 2005