Q: Cisco Catalyst 3500XL a.o. series counters

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Martin Bilgrav, Nov 5, 2003.

  1. Hi,

    I just came across a minor problem during an investigation in some 3548XL's

    When I do a "show int fas 0/1" I get all the counters etc listed, as normal.
    If I then open a browser and do http://1.2.3.4 (IP to vlan1) and logs in,
    and chose port stats, then the java window shows all the same counters, but
    in amuch easier overview.
    the problem is, that there is listed "Discards packets", both under the
    first and 3rd page in this windows (general and receive i think it is
    called)
    This number I simply can not find via commandline !?

    So were does this number resides ? in what cmd-line command, and what do it
    represent ?
    The help, says it represent buffer bw problem, or plain normal operation ?

    So what number/% would you expect on a gig uplink in a gigstack ?

    Regards
    Martin Bilgrav

    Martin Bilgrav, Nov 5, 2003