    Any responses are appreciated.
    Thanks in advance!

    -Steve

    Steven, Aug 2, 2003

  2. Steven

    John Navas Guest

    In <%IEWa.31916$> on Sat, 02 Aug 2003
    The answer is "no." Canon orphaned FD lenses, customers be damned.

    John Navas, Aug 2, 2003

  3. Steven

    dslr Guest

    The answer is "maybe" - if you can get your hands on an FD-EOS adapter.
    Several types were made, some resulting in loss of infinity focus,
    others being effectively a short teleconverter. You'll be having to use
    stop-down metering (or aperture priority) and manual focus with any of
    them

    dslr, Aug 2, 2003
  4. Yes. There are 2 Canon FD-EF adapters, and a 3rd party one. The 3rd
    party one is probably the only one you can get nowdays.

    --
    Paul Repacholi 1 Crescent Rd.,
    +61 (08) 9257-1001 Kalamunda.

    Paul Repacholi, Aug 2, 2003
  5. Steven

    BPR2 Guest

    There is an FD Lens to EOS body adaptor available.
    I've never used one, or seen one being used ... you should investigate a bit
    before buying.

    Here is a link to one at B & H

    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bh1.sph/FrameWork.class?FNC=ProductActivator__Ap
    roductlist_html___97534___GBCACAFC___REG___CatID=418___SID=F6FAF1602B0

    If the Link doesn't work for you select:

    Home < Cameras & Photo Gear < 35mm Systems < Body & Lens Accessories < Lens
    Accessories < Lens to Body Adapters

    and you should be able to find it.

    From BPR

    BPR2, Aug 3, 2003
  6. Steven

    John Navas Guest

    In <> on Sat, 2 Aug 2003 07:28:29 +0000
    That's a joke, right?

    John Navas, Aug 4, 2003
  7. Steven

    PhotoPhreak514

    Joined:
    Sep 19, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Raleigh, NC
    Steve. Here you go. I am in the same Dilemma. I just purchased a Canon Rebel and i have a lot of nice lenses for my AE-1. Now i'm SOL and dont want to drop $1,000 into 2 or 3 lenses. So i have been looking around and found an Adapter.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Lens-Adapter-Ne...ryZ79000QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

    That is a link to 19 FD to EOS (Auto Focus) Adapters. They are inexpensive, considering you are going to pay around $300 per lens. I was reading another forum where this guy made his own adapter and he said the old lenses work great, it just has to be pretty bright.

    PhotoPhreak514, Sep 19, 2006