Q:300D or 10D

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by [email protected], Nov 17, 2003.

  1. Sorry, been meaning to, on the way...

    George Preddy, Dec 4, 2003

  2. Canon L is clearly the worst deal going. They are generally as good, or in
    some older cases, even slightly better than Sigma EX but they cost 2 to 5
    times as much (the newer Sigma EX are beating them optically too).

    George Preddy, Dec 4, 2003

  3. SNIP
    "preddy" seems to multiply anything by 4 if he thinks it helps his position
    ;-)

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, Dec 4, 2003
  4. SNIP
    And what's worse, he talks a lot but has nothing to say.

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, Dec 4, 2003
  5. Iv@n

    Guest Guest

    No, he has 4* more to say then anyone else. Due to the orphaned brain cells.

    Guest, Dec 4, 2003
  6. LOL! If only...

    George is a religious zealot. He hasn't come to his opinions through
    logic, so it's doubtful that logic can change his mind. One can try,
    though.

    Albert Nurick, Dec 4, 2003
  7. Iv@n

    Junque Guest

    The image on the page you refer to has 4536 columns x 3024 rows and thus
    contains values for 10295208 points in the image plain, these could
    never have been detected in the image plain by the SD9 because it has
    2263 columns x 1512 rows (as stated at
    http://www.sigma-photo.com/Html/news/news_sd9_fs.htm) and thus contains
    3421656 unique points in the image plain. These extra points could have
    been generated by using SPP to manipulate the data whilst it was still
    in the camera but as such they are not straight from the sensor, in fact
    since you stated that they are straight out of SPP we must conclude that
    you used SPP to multiply the number of columns and rows thereby
    inventing values where there are no detectors. The result of this
    manipulation tells us nothing about the number of pixels the SD9 has.
    Sigma do tell us it has 2263 columns x 1512 rows (as stated at
    http://www.sigma-photo.com/Html/news/news_sd9_fs.htm), any image having
    more has been manipulated by external software.

    Junque, Dec 4, 2003
  8. I think the purpose of that long ramble was to admit that you were wrong,
    but it is hard to tell since you can't seem to mouth the words. In case
    there is any doubt left in your mind, you are wrong, SPP optionally outputs
    14MP images.

    George Preddy, Dec 6, 2003
  9. I'm using 35mm film parity or better as my definition of "pro quality" work,
    as I've said many times. The only 3 DSLRs that qualify as "pro quality" are
    the SD9/10, the 1Ds, the 14n.

    The SD9/10 lead the trio in image quality by a few lengths, with roughly
    56mm medium format film parity
    (http://foveon.com/faq_technology.html#FAQ_tech_13) when its photographs are
    developed using a non-interpolated true 36-bit color Light Jet, the other
    two DSLRs are only color interpolated. But the other two do have true pro
    quality bodies, the SD9/10 are only the best built bodies of the next tier
    DSLRs.

    George Preddy, Dec 6, 2003
  10. 10MB is free on pbase. You won't post any full size 300D images, because
    they don't compare well.

    George Preddy, Dec 6, 2003
  11. Iv@n

    JPS Guest

    In message <bqt71e$epi$>,
    Actually, he said that SPP could probably do it, but not the camera. In
    other words, your head was so far up your ass you couldn't read. Again.

    JPS, Dec 6, 2003
  12. Iv@n

    Mark M Guest

    I know many pros who use lesser gear with financial success.
    You, on the other hand, have presented images that no pro would have the
    audacity to present for sale.

    Mark M, Dec 6, 2003
  13. Which is to admit he was wrong.

    George Preddy, Dec 7, 2003
  14. "Present tense" every message comes from only one alias.

    George Preddy, Dec 7, 2003
  15. Iv@n

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    ....or maybe from only one PERSON.

    Paolo Pizzi, Dec 7, 2003
  16. Iv@n

    JPS Guest

    In message <bqu3ci$2g6$>,
    No, he wasn't wrong. You just need to see people wrong, and yourself
    teaching them. Take your medication, you are not well.

    JPS, Dec 7, 2003
  17. Iv@n

    Mark M Guest

    Apparently, you don't understand the term "alias."

    Mark M, Dec 7, 2003
  18. Iv@n

    Junque Guest

    No admission, let me try to simplify it for you; SPP might "optionally
    output 14MP images" but the sensor only resolves 3421656 unique points
    in the image plain, anything more than this is a software cheat by the
    user! Or even simpler: more than 3421656 is dishonest, less other than a
    crop is a disservice. Simpler still - you dissemble.

    Junque, Dec 7, 2003
  19. Might? No. It does. How many times do you need to be told?
    Same as interpolating (read: fabricating; guessing; inventing; nothing
    optical about it) 6M Bayer pixels from 1.5 million complete RGB sets. Not a
    bit of difference.

    George Preddy, Dec 7, 2003
  20. Iv@n

    Chris Brown Guest

    Hey, Photoshop CS will output 24 megapixel images from a 10D raw file. I
    guess on planet George, that makes the 10D a 24 megapixel camera. Seems like
    Sigma has some catching up to do!

    Chris Brown, Dec 7, 2003