  1. Its ok, SPP is much better, read any review.

    In any case, add $700 to the cost of all the other DSLRs if you want to
    attempt quality work.

    George Preddy, Dec 1, 2003

  2. This image is straight out of SPP, count the pixels, one by one, and tell me
    the SD9's "resolution..."
    http://www.pbase.com/image/23687202/original

    George Preddy, Dec 1, 2003

  3. I don't do that, but I happen to know that you are posting under 4 different
    aliases.

    George Preddy, Dec 1, 2003
  4. Oh horror, that is one bad looking violin!!!!!!!!
    What did you do to the image?

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, Dec 1, 2003
  5. Iv@n

    Nils Rostedt Guest

    Is that violin trying to be a boat? Red light on the left side and green
    along the whole right side, just as in real navigation lights. Glows like it
    's radioactive or something. I'm beginning to agree, that's a truly amazing
    camera.

    Nils Rostedt, Dec 1, 2003
  6. Iv@n

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    Says who?

    Paolo Pizzi, Dec 2, 2003
  7. Iv@n

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    It's either the infamous "red violin" or yet another
    fantasy color "interpretation" by the Sigma sensor... :)

    Paolo Pizzi, Dec 2, 2003
  8. Iv@n

    Mark M Guest

    Mark M, Dec 2, 2003
  9. Iv@n

    Mark M Guest

    I don't know anyone paying $700 for this.

    Mark M, Dec 2, 2003
  10. Iv@n

    Mark M Guest

    Really? Care to make a serious bet of $10,000 on that?
    I can always use some extra cash...
    I'm Mark M only, you rediculous fool.
    There are other Marks here, but only one me.
    I know there's a Mark H, and I think another, but they're not me.
    Years ago I used my full name but changed it to Mark M a few years ago.
    Personally, I don't see the benefit of changing names unless you're a
    troll--which I am not.
    I would think changing names would just make tracking your own conversations
    difficult.

    Mark M, Dec 2, 2003
  11. "to accomodate the K-Mart shoppers of the photographic world."

    George Preddy, Dec 2, 2003
  12. 4 pixel resolution, same as all Bayers.

    George Preddy, Dec 2, 2003
  13. 14MP or 14MP

    George Preddy, Dec 2, 2003
  14. Iv@n

    Junque Guest

    The sensor in the SD9 has 2263 columns x 1512 rows (as stated at
    http://www.sigma-photo.com/Html/news/news_sd9_fs.htm), the image on the
    page you refer to has 4536 columns x 3024 rows and thus clearly can not
    be straight from a sensor with 2263 columns x 1512 rows (as stated at
    http://www.sigma-photo.com/Html/news/news_sd9_fs.htm)! The sensor only
    detects light normal to its surface at the intersections of the rows and
    columns, it has no information about the light falling on the
    interstice, the only way to generate a value for the light which might
    have fallen on the interstice is to guess.

    Junque, Dec 2, 2003
  15. Iv@n

    MikeWhy Guest

    It's not a bad photograph, nor is it a bad photo of a violin. It demontrates
    good color and tonal richness, in both highlights and shadows. Half you
    twats couldn't do as well on your best day, even with good equipment. It's
    just noisy, about equal to a 300D at ISO400 after sharpening. Regardless, it
    will still print well.

    Enough with the adolescent bickering.

    MikeWhy, Dec 2, 2003
  16. Iv@n

    Guest Guest

    I agree - it's not a bad photo at all.

    Guest, Dec 2, 2003
  17. Iv@n

    Guest Guest

    Stop posting bullshit - people make take you seriously.
    The violin picture is the best you have posted yet by the way, though I
    don't think it is any better than any other cheap DSLR could do.

    Guest, Dec 2, 2003
  18. Iv@n

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    I don't care, it could be 55MP but the colors are still wrong...

    Paolo Pizzi, Dec 2, 2003
  19. Iv@n

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    Well, except for the colors, which are 100% phony.
    Small insignificant detail, right? ;-)

    Paolo Pizzi, Dec 2, 2003
  20. Iv@n

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    What? Violins aren't red, nor they show greenish tinges.

    Paolo Pizzi, Dec 2, 2003