Q:300D or 10D

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by [email protected], Nov 17, 2003.

  1. Iv@n

    Azzz1588 Guest

    Because even they know (like everyone else here) that
    the sigma's are pure crap................

    Interesting how you never address the incredibly tiny market
    share the sd 9 has. Guess that is what bothers you soo much...

    Azzz1588, Nov 30, 2003

  2. Iv@n

    PhotoMan Guest

    That's easily understood. It's an inferiority complex brought on by an
    inferior camera/technology and poorly thought out purchasing decision.
    Evidently he bought into the pumped up and misleading specs promulgated by
    Sigma. I know how I'd feel if I had purchased an SD9, and had later seen the
    quality of the Canon Digital Rebel.
    Joe Arnold

    PS - I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Sigma itself was having second
    thoughts about its decisions with the Foveon sensor.

    PhotoMan, Nov 30, 2003

  3. Iv@n

    JPS Guest

    In message <bqclka$f9b$>,
    The Canon 16-35L outperforms the Sigma 15-30 by at least a little, in
    all the tests I've seen.

    The 24-70EX gets no special mention; the HF version is rated sharper in
    most tests.

    What's the point of having sharp lenses with a camera like the SD9,
    which can't handle sharp lenses? You should put a thin layer of
    vaseline on your sensor.

    JPS, Nov 30, 2003
  4. Iv@n

    JPS Guest

    In message <bqcln0$fat$>,
    That's not how things work.

    You sound like a person who bought 1000 shares of a stock at $30, and
    then sold the stock at $25, and *then* repurchased 1000 shares a year
    later at $60, declaring a profit of $30,000.

    You get the arithmetic right, but you don't have the cognitive
    facilities to apply it to real-world situations in a meaningful manner.

    JPS, Nov 30, 2003
  5. Iv@n

    Mark M Guest

    Sorry buddy but my name is not George. Unless you are sure of someones
    identity

    Where is that written?

    Mark M, Nov 30, 2003
  6. Iv@n

    Mark M Guest

    Even K-Mart has standards!
    Good for them!

    Mark M, Nov 30, 2003
  7. Iv@n

    zbzbzb Guest

    Sorry buddy but my name is not George. Unless you are sure of someones
    So do you normally assume a persons name that you don't know and address him or
    her with such name? Is that what you do when you meet people in person? Pretty
    bizarre.

    zbzbzb, Nov 30, 2003
  8. Iv@n

    Lisa Horton Guest

    And then, on the other hand, there's reality, but you're obviously not
    too familiar with that.

    Lisa

    Lisa Horton, Nov 30, 2003
  9. Iv@n

    Lisa Horton Guest

    Because they're in the business of selling stuff, not displaying stuff.
    They carry what sells.

    Lisa

    Lisa Horton, Nov 30, 2003
  10. Iv@n

    Mark M Guest

    OK.
    Let me 'splain...
    ....no...
    ....Let me sum up:

    If you are not George Preddy, then pardon me.
    Please understand though, that until you offer a name more legitimate than
    zbzbzb--
    --I'll be very much inclined to call you George.
    Bizzare, you say? Nah.
    Not any more so than carrying on conversations with folk who won't tell you
    their name.
    I'll bet YOU wouldn't conceal your name from people you meet "in
    person"...as you say.
    :)
    You play the zbzbzb game and I'll happily call you George, OK?

    Mark M, Nov 30, 2003
  11. Iv@n

    Mark M Guest

    Hi Lisa,

    -Not sure why either of us are carrying on with this silly Foveon
    chit-chat...
    ....I guess I would liken it to the similar amusement that I find in playing
    ping-pong without an opponent...just hitting the ball against the other side
    of the table as it sits upright, motionless, and brainless.
    Perhaps it's fun because you needn't worry about winning the game...rather
    simply finding facsination with how the various spins on the "ball" come
    back at you--even though no thought or intelligence is behind the return.
    :)

    Mark M, Nov 30, 2003
  12. Iv@n

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    I'm beginning to suspect that George actually works
    for Tamron...
    Yeah, just upgrade to PS CS and you'll get the best
    RAW software on the market.

    Paolo Pizzi, Nov 30, 2003
  13. Iv@n

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    Because NO ONE carries the SD9? ;-)

    Paolo Pizzi, Nov 30, 2003
  14. Iv@n

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    Oh man, you're starting to refer to yourself in the THIRD
    person.

    That's where a number of mental illnesses start... :)

    Paolo Pizzi, Nov 30, 2003
  15. Iv@n

    Junque Guest

    The SD9's has 2268×1512 pixels (2268 Columns x 1512 Rows) (you sigma
    state it here http://www.sigma-photo.com/Html/news/news_sd9_fs.htm) not
    9072*6048 pixels as your "original" image had, nor does it have the 2964
    Columns x 4630 Rows required to provide 13.72MP

    YOU SIMPLY COUNT THE NUMBER OF ROWS AND THE NUMBER OF COLUMNS AND
    MULTIPLY THEM TOGETHER. That is the resolution of the sensor!

    Junque, Nov 30, 2003
  16. Iv@n

    Ray Fischer Guest

    I wasn't aware that any Camera maker had a polciy of requiring people
    to by cameras untried.
    The best for Sigma cameras, perhaps. Certainly not the best RAW
    converter.
    That's why I use Adobe's.
    Which is why everybody is using Sigma's software.

    Ray Fischer, Dec 1, 2003
  17. Iv@n

    Mark M Guest

    I've already got it for PS 7.
    I do like it...but it's still pretty slow.

    Mark M, Dec 1, 2003
  18. Iv@n

    Mark M Guest

    This is simply because George uses so many fake identities here (like K2) to
    pretend he has friends/allies that he forgot which one he was using. Oops,
    George!

    Mark M, Dec 1, 2003
  19. Iv@n

    Chris Brown Guest

    Compared to what? I just did the equivalent operation in Canon's File Viewer
    Utility and Photoshop CS - decode a CRW and transfer it to Photoshop for
    editing. On this 700MHz iBook, FVU took 57 seconds to do this, The raw
    convertor in CS took 23 seconds - more than twice as fast, and seems to do a
    better job as well.

    Chris Brown, Dec 1, 2003
  20. Iv@n

    Chris Brown Guest

    Must agree. Having used the SPP software, I must say that it's pretty good,
    much better than Canon's FVU, but it's got nothing on Photoshop CS.

    Not really, Adobe doesn't support X3F files, and dcraw's colour
    reconstruction sometimes gives very strange results with X3F, so you kind of
    have no choice. You also *have* to perform raw conversion to get any kind of
    image out of an SD9, which makes half decent conversion software an absolute
    must.

    Chris Brown, Dec 1, 2003