  1. Iv@n

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Stop lying, turd.

    Ray Fischer, Nov 23, 2003

  2. Iv@n

    Junque Guest

    Not according to Sigma it ain't. They think it is 3.54M pixel, after all
    it has a quoted resolution of 2268×1512, which my calculator makes
    3429216. See http://www.sigmaphoto.com/Html/news/news_sd9_fs.htm

    If you can not get that right what else have you got wrong!

    Junque, Nov 24, 2003

  3. George Preddy, Nov 26, 2003
  4. Iv@n

    Mark M Guest

    Hmmm.
    Sigma is smarter than I thought--they offer ZERO sample photos for review
    here.

    Mark M, Nov 26, 2003
  5. Iv@n

    Junque Guest

    I followed this through to the page
    (http://www.sigmaphoto.com/Html/news/news_sd9_fs.htm) about the SD-9 and
    scrolled down the page where it clearly states that it has a resolution
    of 2268×1512 pixels (picture elements). When I multiply these two values
    together I get 3429216 pixels (picture elements), it does have 10.29
    million photo detectors as stated on this page but since they are
    coincident they can not be picture elements (pixels).

    Junque, Nov 26, 2003
  6. Except for all the RAW file samples and free download of the RAW processing
    software.

    And I guess you agree the SDs are 10.3MP now, since Sigma told you, you
    actually thought they didn't know.

    George Preddy, Nov 28, 2003
  7. The largest SD9 output resolution is 13.72MP interpolated, so according to
    your simple pixel-counting standard it is a 13.72MP camera, not 10.3MP. It
    uses the same interpolation standard as Bayer to do that, but Sigma doesn't
    like to talk about interpolated output resolutions (the SD9 is all about not
    doing that) even though it was made optional. Interpolation never adds any
    more optical information, or it wouldn't be called interpolation. 4536 x
    3024 interpolated ouput is the proverbial crazy aunt in the SD9 basement.

    George Preddy, Nov 28, 2003
  8. Iv@n

    Guest Guest

    George is a lying troll.

    Guest, Nov 28, 2003
  9. Iv@n

    JPS Guest

    In message <bq6v1a$j72$>,
    That's from SPP, not from the camera. I'm sure we could doctor dcraw to
    output 12000*8000 pixel files, too. So really, the SD9 can output 96MP
    files by your logic.
    No it doesn't; you must be a slow learner.
    Perfect company for you.

    JPS, Nov 28, 2003
  10. Iv@n

    Mark M Guest

    Ah. So they make sure that it's a real pain in the arse to view their
    crappy images.
    This way...you get all the promotional BS, and are less likely to fiddle
    with RAW conversion which would send more experienced people running.
    Hey...
    ....They're smarter than I thought!

    Mark M, Nov 28, 2003
  11. Iv@n

    Mark M Guest

    The largest SD9 output resolution is 13.72MP interpolated, so according to
    Two possibilities:
    You're either a troll, or you're mentally slow.

    Mark M, Nov 28, 2003
  12. Iv@n

    Lisa Horton Guest

    What makes you think that it's an either/or question? :)

    Lisa

    Lisa Horton, Nov 28, 2003
  13. Iv@n

    Mark M Guest

    By Jove, I think you've got it!

    Mark M, Nov 28, 2003
  14. Iv@n

    MarkH Guest

    What if I shoot RAW with my 10D and use Photoshop CS to convert the RAW to
    JPG, what is the maximum MPix output I can get from my cameras original RAW
    file. :)

    Could I claim that my 10D can output in the GPix range? I'm surprised that
    George doesn't try to tell us the 13.72MP is better than Bayer equivalent
    so he can really get 54.88MP files that are clearer than 1.58MP from a 10D.
    When George is lying and exagerating, why not exagerate even more.

    MarkH, Nov 28, 2003
  15. Iv@n

    Mark M Guest

    Ah...but he has already!
    He's already ratcheted up his bull to 13.72!
    That's not where his initial claims started...

    Mark M, Nov 28, 2003
  16. I can't believe you just said that. The SD9's only output is 10.3M RGB
    pixel readings. You just admitted the SD9 is 10.3MP.

    George Preddy, Nov 29, 2003
  17. Iv@n

    MarkH Guest

    George is a lunatic!

    JPS says that the 13.72MP interpolated is not straight from the camera as
    George claimed. George takes that to mean that JPS has admitted the SD9 is
    10.3MP. Am I the only one that thinks that George should be
    institutionalised?

    GG George!

    MarkH, Nov 29, 2003
  18. You lied.
    So you had to lie?

    George Preddy, Nov 29, 2003
  19. Iv@n

    Mark M Guest

    Um...no. Lying requires intent.
    Sigma simply successfully made their images difficult to find, and I did not
    get to them.

    Mark M, Nov 29, 2003
  20. Iv@n

    Junque Guest

    Err, no! He said that 13.7MP is from SPP, nowhere in his statement
    quoted by yourself did he mention either what comes from the SD9 or the
    value 10,3MP. To claim that he did is an unworthy falsehood; a rather
    foolish falsehood since all can see it for the poor attempt at deception
    it is.

    Junque, Nov 29, 2003