    difference. Bayer measures light at all the pixels. The 14mp SPP
    output completely fabricates the existence of 75% of the pixels.
    --

    JPS, Dec 7, 2003

  2. Which is consistent with his lack of understanding of aliasing ;-)

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, Dec 7, 2003

  3. Iv@n

    Junque Guest

    I will accept that it allows you to be dishonest, as does most other
    photo manipulating software
    Not at all, a 6M Bayer has 6M distinct photodetectors in the image
    plain, an SD9 has only 3.4M, a world of difference.

    Junque, Dec 7, 2003
  4. Iv@n

    Junque Guest

    I can get much more than that from a Xt, of it will look like came from
    a SD9.

    Junque, Dec 7, 2003
  5. Iv@n

    Mark M Guest

    I think "generalized lack of discernment and common sense" would be a more
    accurate description of Mr. Preddy.

    Mark M, Dec 8, 2003
  6. Iv@n

    Guest Guest

    Use whatever measure you want George. You're still wrong.

    Any 6MP DSLR is perfectly capable of produceing magazine quality work. They
    are perfectly capable of producing gallery quality 8*10 prints. They are
    perfectly capable of producing excellent enlargements.

    SD9 are alias artefact making machines with terrible color.

    Guest, Dec 9, 2003
  7. No matter how highly interpolated, the 10D will always be limited to 1.58M
    full color pixels optical resolution, that's all the RGB sensors it has.

    George Preddy, Dec 9, 2003
  8. Iv@n

    JPS Guest

    In message <br53fh$n1j$>,
    RGB sensors are not relevant. Their importance is fabricated by you.
    The 10D measures light levels at 6.3M different 2D locations on the
    sensor. The SD9 measures light levels at 3.43M 2D locations.

    JPS, Dec 9, 2003
  9. Of course he was, both he and you had no idea the SD-9/10 could produce 14MP
    images straight from SPP, using the same degree of interpolation the 10D
    uses to produce its 6MP-interpolated images.

    George Preddy, Dec 9, 2003
  10. Iv@n

    Junque Guest

    Inaccurate, most image manipulating software can upsample an image to
    more than it was taken with on a removable drive such as that of a
    digital camera, this indicates nothing about the resolution of the
    original sensor.

    Junque, Dec 10, 2003
  11. Iv@n

    JPS Guest

    In message <br5f03$705$>,
    He said maybe the software could make one, but the camera couldn't. He
    was right. I had the software two weeks before either of us replied,
    and I know what resolutions it offers. The camera itself does not
    output 14mp images, as you implied.

    JPS, Dec 10, 2003
  12. Then the SD9 isn't 3.43MP either, its exactly 10.3MP since that is the size
    of the RAW file. You keep boxing yourself into corners you don't want to be
    in. You just made Foveon's argument clear as a bell.
    Great, we end on 100% agreement, the SD9 is 10.3MP since that is all the
    camera produces and this converstion is over.

    George Preddy, Dec 10, 2003
  13.
    George Preddy, Dec 10, 2003
  14. Bayer images are interpolated as produced, by default. Foveon's are not.
    That is the difference.

    George Preddy, Dec 10, 2003
  15. Iv@n

    Ray Fischer Guest

    I agree the SD9 is a 3.43MP camera
    George Preddy in <bq6bp8$rep$>

    Most people who are liars are not such stupid liars.

    Ray Fischer, Dec 10, 2003
  16. Iv@n

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Why do you want the opinion of someone who is such a habitual liar?

    Ray Fischer, Dec 10, 2003
  17. Iv@n

    JPS Guest

    In message <br6nl6$c2l$>,
    Using the assumption that color changes slower than luminance, the bayer
    cameras use the measurements taken at each of their pixels (6.3M in the
    10D, e.g.) to calculate luminance very accurately. Luminance frequency
    is much more important than color frequency, and a lower color fequency
    does *not* mean lower color fidelity.
    Foveon gets 3.43MP from 10.3M sensor elements in 3.43M locations on the
    sensor. The 10D gets 6.3MP from the same number of sensor elements in
    the same number of locations. Neither interpolates pixels, by default.
    They both interpolate color, although the foveon attempts to measure
    full color at each pixel.

    JPS, Dec 10, 2003
  18. Iv@n

    JPS Guest

    In message <br6l1v$a1a$>,
    A color channel *in* an RGB pixel can't possibly *be* a pixel. You are
    totally out on a limb, far from the trunk of reason.
    No, I haven't. You just declared that I did after misinterpretting and
    mis-paraphrasing me, out of desperation.
    That's not what I said; you just fabricated that. You are a criminal,
    not a hero.

    JPS, Dec 10, 2003
  19. Iv@n

    JPS Guest

    In message <br6l42$a3h$>,

    Where's the context of that statement? You are a criminal, not a hero.

    JPS, Dec 10, 2003
  20. Iv@n

    Mike Engles Guest

    Having looked at it again, the colour does look a bit off.

    Hello

    There is nothing wrong with the colour. It has faded or been rubbed off.
    The original dark polish is at the edge of the violin.
    The colour can be corrected as can the colour from any image, by
    applying appropiate HUE/SAT in digital editor.

    You can actually see the fibres in the paper as well as the flecks of
    rosin.

    I have just posted links to two images.
    Test your knowledge and prejucdices.

    http://www.btinternet.com/~mike.engles/mike/a.jpg