  1. geopelia

    Your Name Guest

    It's a gerneralised advert, not a specific one.

    Your Name, Nov 16, 2013

  2. geopelia

    victor Guest

    A straw ad ?

    victor, Nov 16, 2013

  3. geopelia

    victor Guest

    AMI
    15 years ago
    You probably remember some Toyota ads too.
    Maybe even the BASF cassette ad.
    Chesdale, Bluebird Chips, Dishwashing Liquid Marge. Yellow Pages Telecom
    Spot. Vapodrops.
    Just an arty load of rubbish ;)

    victor, Nov 16, 2013
  4. geopelia

    victor Guest

    Bugger

    victor, Nov 16, 2013
  5. geopelia

    victor Guest

    What is there to say if you are advertising Heinekin or Stella ;)

    victor, Nov 16, 2013
  6. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    Thank you. There is a good tune there. The picture at the end looks rather
    like Milford Sound.
    That is interesting, as an experiment, but I doubt if it would catch on with
    the general public.

    I prefer the Pearl Fishers though.
    I don't really care for modern music, it may be very clever but I like
    something with a good tune that can be sung or whistled.
    The songs of the 30s and 40s were much better for that than modern pop songs
    There used to be a song played on radio "The Runaway train came down the
    track and she blew".
    "The Chattanooga Choochoo" is a good one, and "The Atchison Topeka and the
    Santa Fe".
    It's surprising how many American songs there are about trains.

    I'll catch up with some of the other items on those youtube menus tomorrow.
    Thank you

    geopelia, Nov 16, 2013
  7. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    The Dear John one? That was a great ad.
    And wasn't it Toyota that did the Bugger ads?
    I liked the Chesdale one.
    I remember the Spot ads, but don't remember any music with them.
    And wasn't there a Coca cola ad with music?
    And "Broke my denture" to Clementine. I heard that the other day remade for
    a Dolls' hospital.
    And the Pepsodent ad "You'll wonder where the yellow went" etc.

    geopelia, Nov 16, 2013
  8. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "Beer, beer, glorious beer" would be a good song for advertising those.

    geopelia, Nov 16, 2013
  9. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    They could mention a new feature in 30 seconds.
    I remember when ABS braking came out. And one for a car with electric
    windows where a little flower girl puts a teddy bear in the window.
    I worked in advertising in the 1960s. It seems to have changed a lot, it was
    mainly print or radio in those days.
    These days they don't seem to show the price in most ads.

    geopelia, Nov 16, 2013
  10. geopelia

    Your Name Guest

    "Destroys braincells with every glass."
    "Tastes and smells digusting."
    "Over-priced putrid water."

    ;-)

    Your Name, Nov 16, 2013
  11. geopelia

    Your Name Guest

    Yep, that's right, joking means you're "joyless". :-\

    Yes, personally I detest the smell and taste of alcohol, but see the
    winking smiley, that's means I was joking. Geez there's some humourless
    dweebs on newsgroups who take everything 150% seriously. :-(

    Your Name, Nov 17, 2013
  12. geopelia

    Me Guest

    Me, Nov 17, 2013
  13. geopelia

    Your Name Guest

    Looks like another humourless, pedantic moron is wanting to be in my
    killfile. :-\

    Your Name, Nov 17, 2013
  14. geopelia

    victor Guest