    Ideally I want to just copy the page from the PDF as a vector object and paste
    into word as something I can float with text around it.

    Any ideas?

    Richard, Apr 29, 2005

  2. Richard said the following on 29/04/2005 11:23 p.m.:
    While possibly not much help to you what I do is read the
    PDF into Photoshop and then output it to JPG. It creates a
    non editable image but it goes into word nicely.

    -- ======================================================================
    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
    *Slow day Posts Blog*
    Pictorial Amusement from the web at
    http://nzcollector.blogspot.com

    Collector»NZ, Apr 29, 2005

  3. Richard

    Roger_Nickel Guest

    If you dont have photoshop, ghostscript will convert pdf to postscript which may
    be more useful.

    Roger_Nickel, Apr 29, 2005
  4. Richard

    Roger_Nickel Guest

    pdf2ps which is part of the Ghostscript suite will convert PDF to postscript and
    from there you can get it into a CAD package or into Graphicsmagick

    Roger_Nickel, Apr 29, 2005
  5. Richard

    phstpok Guest

    phstpok, Apr 29, 2005
  6. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Unfortunatly thats going to be as bad as the screenshot method - perhaps a
    little better as I will be able to do it at higher res.

    It seems the gradieants all print out of whack when doing it as an image in word.

    Richard, Apr 30, 2005
  7. Richard

    Impossible Guest

    The full version of Acrobat handles this kind of thing expertly, as
    you'd expect -- extracting a page and saving it to practically any
    format you want (editable text or image). So if it's a one-off project
    you're working on, and it's improtant, you might want to consider
    taking it to a printer/copy shop that has Acrobat (or Omnipage Pro,
    versions 12-14) -- should be pretty common -- and pay the $10 or so to
    get it done right.

    Impossible, Apr 30, 2005
  8. Richard

    Richard Guest

    A friend has acrobat 7 pro, I have tried the following.

    I can export a page from the pdf to a single page pdf, and then copy and paste
    special that as an acrobat object, and doubleclicking on the pasted item opens
    acrobat so I can edit the page, but both onscreen and when printing it, its a
    bitmap so all the small fonts are illedgable.

    Doing it thru the pdf2word things, its readable but the layout is trashed.

    Richard, May 1, 2005
  9. Richard

    Impossible Guest

    Don't copy and paste the extracted page. Save the extracted page in
    some suitable format -- Word, gif, whatever you want. Then it will do
    exactly what you want

    Impossible, May 1, 2005
  10. Richard

    Impossible Guest

    To clarify, you want to insert the page you saved from Acrobat into
    Word:

    Insert | Picture...From file (and then pick your saved file)

    Impossible, May 1, 2005
  11. Richard

    Richard Guest

    And if I save it as a gif or any bitmapped format, it ends up looking like arse
    because the text is small. I think I am just going to have to mess around with
    putting the paper thru the printer multiple times to get the result I need.

    Richard, May 1, 2005
  12. Richard

    Impossible Guest

    Just save the file as a single-page pdf. Insert. Re-size as you
    please.

    Impossible, May 1, 2005
  13. Richard

    Wombus Guest

    I've just run a quick test using Acrobat 7 by saving a pdf file as TIFF
    image file (setting CITT G4 for monochrome and LZW for colour and
    greyscale) and then inserted into MS Word.... all looks mighty fine to
    me... in fact the page renders on screen and prints beautifully.

    Wombus, May 2, 2005
  14. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Even when I tried it at something horriffic like 4000x6000 it still didnt look
    anything like when printed from acrobat, and made the word doc huge. I ended up
    just simply popping the page thru twice, once in word for the text, and once
    from acrobat for the PDF with the margins changed to get it roughly in the right
    place and then tweeking an empty text box in word to keep the words off it.

    Richard, May 3, 2005
  15. Richard

    Impossible Guest

    Hard to figure the problems you had inserting a page extracted and
    saved by Acrobat itself. This is a pretty common task. For future
    reference, you might want to get someone experienced with Acrobat (and
    Word) to walk you through the process, just in case you missed
    something inadvertently.

    Impossible, May 3, 2005