    I can't figure out if an extra layer of firewall and content filtering can
    be put in front of a wired/wireless router performing DHCP, NAT, WEP, and
    other key functions.

    atlanta, Jun 8, 2005

  2. atlanta

    atlanta Guest

    This is an excellent starting point. I checked their site, and am really
    impressed with their product. But to get the filtering requires a
    commercial product that gets into several hundred $$$. But that tells me
    what I want to do is possible. Tks for the input.

    I'm going to search for a Linux based content filter, possibly to integrate
    with Smoothwall.

    atlanta, Jun 8, 2005

  3. atlanta

    why? Guest

    Squid?

    http://www.squid-cache.org/

    Can block by - server , user, make your own word ban list , premade ban
    lists, by port , single client can access a specific address, block /
    allow a client / users by time.

    Then the MARA Systems AB Content Control Filter or DansGuardian.

    Me

    why?, Jun 8, 2005
  4. atlanta

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Belkin routers have a content filter have you used theirs?

    pcbutts1, Jun 9, 2005