    Is there a way I can download the daily definition on the server and PUSH
    them out to the clients?

    Thanks

    Jack B. Pollack, Jan 11, 2006

  2. Jack B. Pollack

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:1136943939.591094@faramir,
    Jack B. Pollack spewed forth:
    > We are running Symantec Antivirus 8 Corporate on our Win2K3 Server &
    > WinXP Workstations. Everything is set to autoupdate, but Symantec
    > comes out with daily (manual) definitions more frequently then they
    > do with the Auto-update (LiveUpdate) definitions.
    >
    > Is there a way I can download the daily definition on the server and
    > PUSH them out to the clients?
    >
    > Thanks

    Dunno about the push - I wouldn't know how to do it that way. But yes, you
    can do the download easy enough, and run a task on the workstations to
    update. Here's where to start:

    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/download/pages/US-N95.html

    Download the file, give it a "generic" name when you save it. In other
    words, instead of keeping the filename from the web site, always call it
    "NAV_Update.exe" or something. And put it on a shared location on the
    server. Set up a scheduled task on each workstation to run the
    "NAV_Update.exe" at regularly scheduled intervals.

    --
    Pursuant to Public Law No 109-162 I hereby certify, assert, testify,
    warrant, and affirm that it is not (nor has it ever been) my intent,

    Toolman Tim, Jan 11, 2006