push VTP refresh

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by J R, Dec 2, 2003.

  1. J R

    J R Guest

    Greetings,

    I've got a VTP Domain that looks something like this:

    6509
    Server
    Revision 6

    2950______________2950
    Client Client
    Rev 6 Rev 6

    2912
    Client
    Rev 0

    How can I get the 2912 to update the VTP data? The proper data is maintained
    in the sixth Configuration Revision, but the 2912 doesn't seem to want to
    play. Is there a command that will push the most recent revision to the
    2912?

    TIA,
    John

    J R, Dec 2, 2003

  2. J R

    J R Guest

    FYI,

    Talked to a CCIE today about this issue. I was told that the problem most
    likely rests with the 2900 router, and that this, or similar situations, has
    been seen before. His advice was to set the 2912 to "vtp transparent",
    create the necessary vlans (since there are only a handful of
    customers/workstations on the receiving end of the switch) and let it ride
    until I can replace the switch.

    For now that's the advice I'm going to follow. Any thoughts?

    John

    J R, Dec 3, 2003