    And how are these reasons applied to ISP Services Provviders that offer
    Prepaid VoIP calling card services, for example.

    Thanks (novice VoIP....obvisoulsy)

    Surfer, Jan 14, 2004

  2. Surfer

    SPD Guest

    It isn't. Think of a gatekeeper as an entity where you implement
    access & dialing policy for a given set of machines speaking H.323,
    called a zone. The gatekeeper registration, admission and status
    (RAS) operations control who can register and call into/out of
    the zone.

    H.323 endpoints, like a Call Manager, can make use of a gatekeeper
    but it is not required. Also there is no gatekeeper in environments
    using other signaling protocols, like SIP.

    -Steve

    SPD, Mar 5, 2004