    be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks for your time....
    James

    James, Aug 23, 2004

  2. James

    The first thing I would suggest is you look at Microsoft Small Business
    Server:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/sbs/default.mspx

    With regard to training, you will need to purchase your own training, if you
    purchase your software using Microsofts Software Assurance program you may
    be eligible to some free vouchers for training.

    Contact your local Chamber of Commerce, they sometimes know of programs that
    will assist small business with IT training.

    Mark Fugatt [MVP], Aug 23, 2004

  3. James

    Gerard Bok Guest

    In for a disappointment, I'm affraid :)

    Windows Server software expects you to either be competent
    yourself or to hire someone competent to install and run your
    server. You may even find yourself in need of books or utilities
    (Resource Kit) both to be bought separately.

    If you don't have (access to) the required competence, you are
    buying a problem, not a solution.

    This entire group is dedicated to certification, i.e. the
    prevention of such problems :)
    Look for MCSE to plan and setup your network and MCSA to run it
    on a day to day basis.

    Gerard Bok, Aug 23, 2004