Purchasing A 200gb SATA Drive

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by dunk_y2001, Feb 24, 2005.

  1. dunk_y2001

    dunk_y2001 Guest

    Hi, im just about to buy myself a new hard disk, after running out o
    space on my 2X10gb hdds and 1x20gb hdd! lol

    Im getting one of these..

    'Western Digital 200gb Caviar SATA Drive' (http://tinyurl.com/48lx2)

    The only reason Im getting it form that site is because I work ther
    and get a pleasant staff discount.

    My problem is.... I am torn as to how to configure it. Do I have it a
    my OS drive and install all my games and software to it aswell. Or do
    use it as a storage drive for games and software, but losing the spee
    for windows. Or do I stick a 20-40gb partition in it to install window
    to? I obviously want my data as secure as possible but want the spee
    too....

    Help me choose.

    Cheers
    Dun

    dunk_y2001, Feb 24, 2005

  2. You work for Western Digital and need to ask outside the office to get
    an answer?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Feb 24, 2005

  3. dunk_y2001

    Brian Guest

    partition it.
    1. windows
    2.storage
    3. (if wished for back-up etc.)

    Brian, Feb 24, 2005
  4. dunk_y2001

    dunk_y2001 Guest

    you don't think that will cause speed or reliability issues? Just to b
    sure :

    dunk_y2001, Feb 24, 2005
  5. dunk_y2001

    Brian Guest

    Brian, Feb 24, 2005
  6. dunk_y2001

    doS Guest

    The sata drive wont be any faster than your IDE in most cases.

    doS, Feb 24, 2005