    that allows you to pull out of a restart on a Windows 2000 Server??
    Thanks
    Testy

    Testy, Aug 5, 2003

  2. Testy

    Marko Guest

    Hello Chris

    The shutdown.exe command is part of the resource kit and
    may not be available on every server.

    Another problem is that you will often get a
    message "Unable to start <command> because Windows is
    shutting down". This error was the first thing that made
    me think that it would not be possible to initiate a stop
    to the shutdown process. Logically, I couldn't see how it
    would be desirable to operate with a crippled Windows, so
    I couldn't see MS writing that ability into their code, so
    I wrote that response.

    Marko, Aug 11, 2003

  3. I dont know if this works with W2K servers but it worked with NT4:

    If you hit Start > Shutdown and then during the startup process hit
    CTRL-ALT-DEL a few times the shutdown would be aborted and you would be back
    at the logon screen.

    Brendon Rogers, Aug 13, 2003