pulling my hair out

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by charles wharton, Oct 1, 2003.

  1. Outlook Express will not let me rceive attachments with my e-mails.I am on
    windows XP.

    charles wharton, Oct 1, 2003

  2. charles wharton

    Brian H¹© Guest

    charles wharton said:
    Take a look in your Options, pay special attention to the tab marked Security.

    Brian H¹©, Oct 1, 2003

  3. charles wharton

    Raine Guest

    Tools Options Security .. UNcheck Do not allow attachments .........

    Raine, Oct 1, 2003
  4. charles wharton

    Bushfire Guest

    Tools>options>security then untick do not allow attachments to be opened.

    Bushfire, Oct 1, 2003
  5. charles wharton

    Boomer Guest

    Why tell Brian H??

    Boomer, Oct 1, 2003
  6. charles wharton

    Brian H¹© Guest

    I know, that's why I *answered* the question.

    Brian H¹©, Oct 1, 2003
  7. how many fuc*en people in here have that same problem???

    yellow submarine, Oct 1, 2003
  8. charles wharton

    Brian H¹© Guest

    100% of those that don't know how to use their fuc*en software ;-)

    Brian H¹©, Oct 1, 2003
  9. ;-) and :)

    yellow submarine, Oct 1, 2003
  10. charles wharton

    Patrick Guest

    Patrick, Oct 1, 2003
  11. charles wharton

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Brian H¹©, Oct 1, 2003
  12. Be sure to install a virus checker, such as norton, and "K9", or
    similar bayesian filter before enabling attachments. The combination
    of a virus scanner and a bayesian filter can greatly help flag
    unwanted virus-laden emails.

    Erik Aronesty, Oct 1, 2003
  13. charles wharton

    Boomer Guest

    Why are you telling Brian H this????

    Boomer, Oct 1, 2003
  14. charles wharton

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Erik Aronesty said:
    FFS, can't you people reply to the OP instead of replying to someone who has
    replied to the OP?

    Brian H¹©, Oct 1, 2003
  15. charles wharton

    Patrick Guest

    Text copied from *That:*

    CAUSE
    Security updates in SP1 auto enabled the option of NOT allowing potentially
    harmful attachments to be opened or saved.

    RESOLUTION
    In Outlook Express > Tools > Options > Security (tab) the user must un-check
    the option to not open or save potentially harmful attachments.

    Patrick, Oct 1, 2003
  16. charles wharton

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Patrick said:
    So wouldn't it have been quicker/simpler to copy/paste the last part into your
    original reply instead?

    Brian H¹©, Oct 1, 2003
  17. charles wharton

    Patrick Guest

    Thiere is a picture at the page, of the attachment box, thus verifying that
    the problem is understood.

    Patrick, Oct 1, 2003
  18. charles wharton

    Brian H¹© Guest

    And a short answer saves typing a thousand words.

    Brian H¹©, Oct 1, 2003
  19. charles wharton

    Patrick Guest

    *"Short answer"*, that's a laugh isn't it!,
    (the length of the threads concerning the subject).
    However, you could be right, in that it may not suit a person to chase a
    link, (dialup, working-offline).

    Patrick, Oct 1, 2003
  20. charles wharton

    Brian H¹© Guest