    adobe's photo album. I'd like to upgrade to PSE Ver 4 but the website states
    its for win xp. Has anyone run PSE Ver4 on W2k?

    Dave

    Deputy Dog, Jun 14, 2006

  2. Deputy Dog

    Jerry L Guest

    The new Century is now into its 6th year...and if you get the bargin of
    a lifetime in buying Photoshop Elements 4.0, the latest CD will balk at
    added CD to tweak it a bit more.

    Plus the 'speed' of the newest Photoshop will put you to sleep unless
    you get a computer (not too costly in the new Century) with a large
    hard drive and at least 1 Gb of RAM.
    = = =

    Jerry L, Jun 14, 2006

  3. Deputy Dog

    bmoag Guest

    Did you know Adobe will answer this question for your directly and correctly
    and will not charge you a thing for it?

    bmoag, Jun 14, 2006
  4. Deputy Dog

    xenophon Guest

    If the requirements state Win XP, then you need Win XP. They would not
    deliberately limit their market to the latest OS if there were not good
    reasons. Often, the development environment that the developers use (Visual
    C++, probably) incorporates and expects to find Windows Common Controls and
    other dynamic link libraries (DLLs) and features of the most recent OS, and
    previous OSes do not have these dependencies available.

    prowler

    xenophon, Jun 14, 2006