PSE 3.0?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Paul Wylie, Oct 27, 2004.

  1. Paul Wylie

    Paul Wylie Guest

    I followed a link today to Apple's iPod Photo, and it mentioned Adobe
    Photoshop Elements 3.0. I clicked the appropriate link and got sent to
    Adobe, where they're showing off PSE 3.0 and Premier Elements, as well.
    In fact, they've got a bundle with both.

    At any rate, I have PSE 2.0 and like it, but wish it would natively handle
    the RAW format from my 300D (and the KM Dimage A2 I had briefly).
    Apparently, PSE 3.0 natively supports RAW formats (and presumably, DNG, as
    well).

    I was decidedly underwhelmed by their upgrade offer, though. You can get
    a $20 rebate if you pay full price to upgrade to PSE 3.0 from a previous
    version of PSE, Photoshop LE or Photoshop Album.

    Is this brand new? It certainly appears to be. Has anybody tried it out
    yet?

    --Paul
    ** Note "removemunged" in email address and remove to reply. **

    Paul Wylie, Oct 27, 2004

  2. Paul Wylie

    Mark B. Guest

    It was announced mid-September. Here's a link to a dpreview forum search:
    http://search.dpreview.com/forums/search.asp?query=elements+3&forum=1004

    Mark

    Mark B., Oct 27, 2004

  3. Paul Wylie

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Yes, while I have a Windows machine, the PSE3 upgrade is WELL worth the
    full price. In the Windows version, the program also includes the
    organizer formerly sold as Photoshop Album, and enough new and improved
    features to make the program a must have. Amazon had (don't know if
    they still do) a deal with a $25 rebate, and Adobe offers US customers a
    $20 upgrade allowance making the bottom line below $45.

    I received my copy Monday and have found it to be as advertised, and
    well worth the time it will take to learn the new features.

    Ron Hunter, Oct 27, 2004
  4. Paul Wylie

    Ed Ruf Guest

    As a long time PSP user interested in possibly moving to PSE3, it's
    unfortunate Adobe still does not offer a trial version. What's up with
    that?
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, Oct 27, 2004
  5. Hi Ed,

    << As a long time PSP user interested in possibly moving to PSE3, it's
    unfortunate Adobe still does not offer a trial version. What's up with
    that? >>

    Keep checking at the Adobe site. usually, when a new version is released it
    takes a short while until a trial version appears.

    As a Mac user -- I'm still waiting for the Mac version of PSE3 to appear. I'll
    check Adobe site again today.

    Best,

    Conrad

    Conrad Weiler
    Camp Sherman, Oregon

    Conrad Weiler, Oct 27, 2004
  6. Paul Wylie

    Ron Hunter Guest

    I don't know about that. I would expect there would be one after
    initial shipments go out and orders slow down. For what it is worth, I
    am completely happy with my PSE3 so far.

    Ron Hunter, Oct 27, 2004
  7. Paul Wylie

    Cynthia P Guest

    Just curious... I ordered already, but just what qualifies for Adobe's
    $20 upgrade allowance. Would a copy of Adobe Photoshop Album 2.0 SE
    work?

    Cynthia

    Cynthia P, Oct 29, 2004
  8. I have been using PSE3 for about a week now.
    If you like PSE2.1, you will probably like PSE3.
    Installation went without a hitch and is very stable on an XP machine.
    I liked PS Album 2.0 and PSE 2.1 but now I am exclusively just using PSE3.0.
    Very nice program.
    The trial version should be on their website soon.

    Charles Eaves, Nov 11, 2004