PS/2 Mouse freezes when USB controller is enabled Help please

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Mac Lynch, Aug 2, 2003.

  1. Mac Lynch

    Mac Lynch Guest

    Sorry I made an error in my previous plea for help. I don't have a serial
    mouse:) Thanks for previous reply.
    I am runnining Win98SE.
    1. I plugged in a 2 port PCI USB V.1.1 card, my PC did not recognise it
    2. I rebooted, entering Bios & Changed USB controller to Disabled OFF.
    3. Booting continued & the USB card was recognised & various things seemed to
    be loaded from C:/Win98.
    4. The PC them rebooted, everything seemed to be OK, PS/2 mouse was working,
    until the White Background screen "Active Desktop Recovery" screen appeared.
    5. The mouse froze.
    6. Restarted a couple of time and loading each time froze at the same place.
    7. Changed Bios to USB controller Disabled ON.
    8. Mouse worked but USB not recognised.
    9. Tried the ON OFF thing a couple of times, but mouse freezing occurred each
    time USB controller Disabled OFF was invoked.
    10. I think my mouse is IRQ 12 (PS/2)
    Any help would be appreciated please.
    Thanks Mac

    Mac Lynch, Aug 2, 2003