    Prefer something with a trial period so I can validate it is indeed
    allowing anonymous operation when browsing.

    Any thoughts?

    Jrtwine, Aug 3, 2005

  2. :Can you recommend a proxy service that allows one to browse with
    :Netscape or IE without ones IP address being distributed?

    Such a thing cannot exist. One's IP address *must* be 'distributed'
    at least as far as the proxy service.

    One then must ask how much one trusts the proxy service operators.
    If the answer is "Like with any other vendor, I trust that when
    I pay money for the service that the service will be provided",
    then unfortunately your trust may be misplaced. It is known that
    some of the proxy operators are run -directly- by some of the
    intelligence agencies; known that others are various degrees
    of clandestine remove from intelligence agencies; and it is
    strongly suspected that some of the others are run by criminal
    organizations.

    By no means am I saying that *all* proxy services are frauds, but
    you must be very careful -- and you wouldn't necessarily know.

    A couple of other notes:

    - Use of anonymous proxy services from corporate hosts is often
    a violation of the corporate IT regulations;

    - You appear to be somewhere in the USA: I suggest you think about
    the dynamics of anonymous proxy services, intelligence agencies,
    and The Patriot Act.

    I am not well versed in available proxy services, but I would suggest
    to you that you would find more detailed answers in one of the privacy
    newsgroups such as alt.privacy or comp.privacy

    Walter Roberson, Aug 3, 2005

  3. Jrtwine

    BNAZ Guest

    Try tor (http://tor.eff.org/) along with privoxy, I worked quite well when I