    Hal Kuff Guest

    Is anyone using Proxim Access Points with Cisco VLANs.... We're
    interested in whether they are interoperable at the VLAN level....

    Hal Kuff, Feb 14, 2004

  2. Hal Kuff

    rajsmilesalways

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    I have used a cisco catalyst 500 series switch with VLAN's enabled on it (I used the smart ports settings on the cisco switch and have defined the port no 3(which i have connected the ethernet interface of access point) as an accesspoint and have connected the access point to it.The moment i have done this that port has become a trunk port.
    Then i have assigned a vlan id on the access point and in order to make the changes get effective i have rebooted the access point .

    I'm able to ping to the machine but i'm not able to get the configuration page both thro' the browser as well as the com port.

    Then i have tried to analyse the issue what i did was i have connected only the access point and a laptop using a cat5 cross over cable and have run ethereal on it what i have observed is that the access point is sending stp updates.

    I suspect some problem here did any one face with the same issue.

    rajsmilesalways, Oct 4, 2006