Protecting DigiCams from excess flash trigger voltage

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Philip Procter, Oct 20, 2004.

  1. I know that digicams are senistive to excess voltage during the flash
    trigger. I have a Minolta A2 with a PC socket and want to use my old
    Norman P500 studio flash. What do you call the thingy (a technical
    term for a little electrical widget :)) that you plug into the PC
    socket to isolate the flash circuit?

    I know Wein makes one for hot shoes, but I don't know who makes them
    for PC sockets?


    Philip Procter, Oct 20, 2004
    1. Advertisements

  2. Philip Procter

    Frank ess Guest

    Paramount cable co., .I think.
    Frank ess, Oct 20, 2004
    1. Advertisements

  3. My old Quantum radio slave keeps my 10D isolated from my 1977 vintage
    Photogenics. Also have some Hensel infrared triggers that work in
    confined spaces.
    Randall Ainsworth, Oct 20, 2004
  4. Philip Procter

    Lou Guest

    If you are into electronics see

    I have a couple of these packed inside some older flash units, they
    work like a charm.

    A word of warning though - If you are not familiar with electronics go
    out and buy one. The photoflash capacitors in electronic flash units
    store lots of energy at very high voltages. Don't take one apart
    unless you are sure of what you are doing and make sure the cap is
    totally discharged before you go digging around in there.

    Lou, Oct 20, 2004
  5. Philip Procter

    Frank ess Guest

    cables - cords, I'm easily confused
    Frank ess, Oct 20, 2004
  6. Someone makes a PC-to-Hotshoe adapter that can be used in series with a
    Safe Sync.

    Dave Herzstein, Oct 20, 2004
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.