    anytime soon. Maybe they could based on Nikon N65 film slr model.
    I read Thom Hogan in http://www.bythom.com predicted sometime back

    I am waiting for a $500 digital SLR model from Nikon?! maybe in 3 years ?

    Raj, Sep 9, 2003

  2. Raj

    jriegle Guest

    I'm sure they will release a lower cost SLR in the next year or so. $500 is
    a bit optimistic, perhaps, as you said, 3 years lower cost.
    John

    jriegle, Sep 9, 2003

  3. The rumour my assistant manager at the camera shop told me involved a model
    name of "D80", and a price equivalent to the 300D. Now, this might evoke
    thoughts of a high quality prosumer DSLR with more manual control than the
    Canon to some, but to me it sounds like reactionary guesswork. Nikon WILL
    respond; however, probably fashionably and predictably late.

    Martin Francis, Sep 9, 2003