Pros and Cons of the Sigma SD10 Web Site Update --1 August 2004

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Steven M. Scharf, Aug 1, 2004.

  1. The Pros and Cons of the Sigma SD10 Web Site has been updated

    http://sigmasd10.com

    Changes
    ---------
    1. Added hyperlinked table of contents
    2. Added change log.
    3. Made several additions, corrections, and deletions to the list of pros
    and cons.
    4. Changed the title back to "Pros and Cons of the Sigma SD10 Digital SLR
    Camera"
    5. Removed dead links
    6. Added several comparison charts

    Thanks to some of the folks over at the dpreview.com Sigma forum for making
    several suggestions that led to changes in the site, including two additions
    to the list of "pros." While a few posters on that site are obviously upset
    over the existence of this site, the response has been overwhelmingly
    positive from the objective posters.

    Disclaimers
    -This is a non-commercial, informational site.
    -The opinions stated on this site are the opinions of the author, and of
    other contributors.
    -Nothing is sold on this site.
    -No advertising is accepted.
    -This site is not affiliated with Sigma Corporation or Foveon Corporation.

    Steven M. Scharf, Aug 1, 2004

  2. Steven M. Scharf

    John Appleby Guest

    Hi Steven,

    That's actually a pretty balanced view, in my opinion. Balanced views on
    Sigma products are hard to come by in my experience :)

    The only thing is that most of your stats are those claimed by the
    manufacturer. I don't know, but I'm guessing some of them are inaccurate.

    Regards,

    John

    John Appleby, Aug 2, 2004

  3. This is true. For some reason, discussions about Sigma products tend to
    attract two extremes, with not much in the middle.
    Perhaps, AFAIK, every site uses the same statistic in terms of sensor size,
    etc.

    Steven M. Scharf, Aug 2, 2004
  4. Steven M. Scharf

    lmatson Guest

    "two extremes, with not much in the middle"
    Sounds like you understand the structure of your head perfectly.

    lmatson, Dec 11, 2004