Proof Most Customers Do NOT Want Blu-Ray/HD DVD!

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Black Locust, Jan 26, 2006.

  1. Black Locust

    Black Locust Guest

    Came across this at imdb.com. Especially take notice of the fact that
    only a measily 6.1% of the voters actually care about better picture
    quality! *laughs*

    Would you replace your DVD of a title if a High Definition (HD) DVD
    version came out?

    Votes

    No, I don't see the need
    7254(51.0%)

    No, I'm gonna wait 'til they decide on the format to use
    3417(24.0%)

    Yes, if the price was right
    1577(11.1%)

    Yes, if there were more special features
    1099(7.7%)

    Yes, if the picture was better
    873(6.1%)

    A total of 14220 votes were collected.

    Sorry Allan..

    Black Locust, Jan 26, 2006

  2. And the question itself sort of skews the outcome does it not?

    Shouldn't it be more like this:
    When a new movie is released on both DVD and HD which would you
    buy?

    Second question would be along the lines of why, and the 3rd
    about cost.

    Bill Vermillion, Feb 4, 2006