prometric run-around

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by David Macaskill, Nov 24, 2003.

  1. Hi,

    I think I'm getting the run-around from Prometric and I'm wondering if
    this is a common occurrence.

    Early this year I sat and passed the MS 70-175 exam. About a month ago
    I happened to check my transcript on the MCP website only to find that
    exam missing. I called Prometric to find out what was going on and
    they told me I was a "no-show". I faxed them my certificate and they
    promised to follow it up. Last week I called again and the Candidate
    Care person promised I would get a call within 2 days. No call came.

    So what would you suggest? To me it sounds like although the Candidate
    Care people are polite and curtious, they cannot, or are unwilling, or
    simply pay lip-service to issues such as mine. Also it sounds like
    that certificate you get when you pass an exam is really worthless or
    meaningless.

    This isn't sour-grapes. I assumed once they had the certificate they
    would have cleared this up within hours. Prometric's performance has
    fallen short of my expecations. So am I alone?

    Regards

    David Macaskill.

    David Macaskill, Nov 24, 2003

  2. Is your certificate embossed? It would be hard for them to dispute that.

    In any case, once you get this cleared up, vote with your wallet and
    write with Vue instead. Don't tolerate crap like that.

    General Protection Fault, Nov 24, 2003

  3. David Macaskill

    POP3 .NET Guest

    VERY TRUE.

    POP3 .NET, Nov 25, 2003
  4. Yes it is. In fact I know exactly what happened - when I sat the exam,
    as soon as I started the machine crashed. The exam administrator
    managed to get it going again and I completed it without incident. So
    although I passed and have the (embossed) certificate to prove it,
    somehow this got recorded as a no-show.

    So the first issue is that prometric exam software is not fault
    tolerant.

    Machine Crashes happen. I'm not blaming Prometric for that. But given
    this is the case, there has to be some fall back. You'd think the
    certificate would do it.

    If you re-read my original note, you'll see my beef was with
    'Candidate Care'. If you say you're going to do something (i.e. call
    back) then do it. That's got to be the first principle of business.
    They haven't got that straight. I've explained to them what happened,
    I've sent them my certificate, but they can't move on it. That's my
    complaint. Thanks for listening.

    DEM

    David Macaskill, Nov 25, 2003
  5. David Macaskill

    Lorne Smith Guest

    I'd go down to the test centre and refuse to leave until they fixed your
    problem mate. This kind of situation is unconscionable...

    Lorne

    Lorne Smith, Nov 25, 2003
  6. IIRC, my very first MCP exam was 70-100. After I got the message that I
    passed, it said "uploading results to Microsoft" and then WINZIP.EXE
    GPFed! Nothing got uploaded to Microsoft, and all I had was the
    (unembossed) certificate. The test admin was very helpful and got
    things cleared up.

    And if that wasn't enough, once I finished writing 70-300, I was stuck
    in an endless loop of "Done Review" and "Score Exam". I was just
    waiting for it to crash.

    Hope it works out for you!

    General Protection Fault, Nov 25, 2003
  7. David Macaskill

    j jones MCSD Guest

    I had some problems with their sorry online registration
    app. First it didn't work, then it didn't work correctly,
    causing me to lose the date i was after. Calling their
    help line didn't help.

    On the other hand, once I had to reschedule, like, five
    minutes before i was due to take an exam. Somehow I got
    routed to some help center in Europe, and the lady there
    squared me away.

    Overall, I thought they were slipshod -- I would use the
    other guys next time-- BUT -- as of today I am DONE. YES!

    Jon Jones, MCSD

    j jones MCSD, Nov 27, 2003